Monday, December 14, 2009

Whew!! It's Done!! :)

Hey Ya'll,

Well, I finally finished my Mom's Painting tonight.  I was really trying to get it finished so that it would have some time to dry before Christmas.  I know that it won't be 100% dry, but I am hoping that it will be dry to the touch at least.  I am keeping my fingers crossed anyway, as I did use a drying medium in the paint to help facilitate the drying since it is Winter (cold).

So my shoulders & upper back are sore.  Not to mention the left side of my head.  I tend to tense up while painting causing this pain.  I am tired & sore from painting two days straight, & three out of the last four days.  Even if I get up & walk around every hour.  But at least it is finished!!  I will take some photos of it tomorrow & post one for you to view & hopefully not criticize too badly!!

Then tonight, my DH said that we needed to go for a walk!!  It is definitely warmer than it was before, but it was still cold!!  I have a head scarf that wraps around my neck as well, plus a hat on my head over it, which keeps my head warm, but my face freezes!  So I need to go purchase a full face ski mask.  I just hope the neighbors don't think we are burglars casing the neighborhood!!

I read on Cara's blog (The Dash), that she is concerned about a bush fire going on near where she lives. It could be a potential threat to her home there in Western Australia.  So please, everyone keep good thoughts going in her direction that all will be well for her.

Well, I am starving!!  I haven't eaten in over 8 hours!  No wonder I am hungry.  So far the only thing I have eaten is an Oatmeal cookie & a 1/2 cup of Oatmeal.  So I better go make myself something for dinner here.  I will leave you with a few photos.

I love the Christmas Tree on top of the house & the Helicopter over the garage.

Some people really like to use all the space they have for decorations.



And of course, a Hawaiian Ornament.

Well, I guess I better go eat before I pass out!!  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Oh Debi,
Thank you so much for rallying the troops with good thoughts. As it turns out the fire is actually quite a few miles away and the wind and weather conditions pushed it this way.. but I hear we will expect the same tomorrow (smokey fog with scary sun) due there being 4000 hectares burning away, and OH the ash.. it was everywhere.. EEK!

THE DASH! said...

Drats, so sorry .. meant to add good for you for walking - even though it's so cold.. your description of looking like a burglar had me laughing. Go eat girl, 8 hours? You must be famished!!
PS Well done on finishing the painting. Big sigh of relief now it's done.

Amy W. said...

Debi-Thanks for the post about Coreys mask. It is on top of his nose, and he does wear the full mask. It is getting a little better but boy did it look bad! Thanks again!

Debi said...

Your welcome guys!

Cara, I am sooo glad that the fire isn't that close to you! Although I know the smoke & ash can be brutal as well!! Hope the fires get put out soon & your dismal skies can clear up!!

Amy, I know it must be miserable for Corey. When the mask hurts (especially if it rubs you raw) it makes is almost impossible to even want to wear it!! So I would suggest either some tape or bandages where it rubs badly, at least until the sores clear up.