Sunday, December 6, 2009

What A Night!! :(

Hey Ya'll,

I've got to tell you, I didn't have a good night last night!  I think that I mentioned in a prior post that I am a night owl.  I can't go to sleep until late at night.  I have been in this pattern for about 3 yrs now, & I can't get to sleep before at least 1 am.  But it is more like 2-3 am most nights.  Last night was even later!  I didn't go to sleep until about 5:30 am but I kept waking up due to the pain.  I have some Spinal problems as well as Fibromyalgia, & Nerve Problems, etc, etc, etc.

Last night I was having pain like I haven't had in a long time.  Finally it dawned on me about 6 am, that I had forgot to take my Vicodin!  No wonder I was having pain!!  I had taken all my other meds, as well as my Fibromyalgia med, but I didn't take the Vicodin.  So, by early morning, I was having pain all over, not to mention the pain from my stressed Port site!!  So I got up & took the Vicodin & finally, about a half hour later, I began to fall to sleep as the pain was subsiding.  So I finally got to sleep around 6:30-7 am & then I woke up at 11:15!  At least I got SOME sleep!!!

Yesterday, I had planned on finishing up my Christmas Decorations (the Village Scene) & to paint some more on my Mom's Rose Painting.  But I didn't get to either one!  I had forgotten that I hadn't decided on what colors to paint the Roses, so I spent all day researching Rose's & the different colors.  I am still not 100% decided, but I have it narrowed down.  So I will be painting today.  And I am not sure if I will put up the Village this year.  It just might be too much for me this year.

Last night my DH & I went for a walk.  We walked a different route which was great going, but coming home was all uphill!!  About half way home, my Port site started to hurt a bit, so we had to slow the pace down.  And, last night was the coldest night so far!!  We didn't start our walk until 9 pm & it was COLD!!!  The overnight temps were to drop into the freezing level.  Which it did, as our pool turned on to circulate the water to keep the pipes from freezing & bursting.

By the way, when is the Incision sites supposed to start itching??  Anyway, I need to get to work on the painting, so I will leave you with some holiday photos I found on the Internet.




And for you puppy lover's out there, isn't he cute?  All he wants to do is chew up everything in your house!!  But they sure are cute when they are little!

And the Hawaiian Ornament.

Well ya'll, I better go for now.  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

2 comments:

The Former Fat Girl said...

Hey Deb..my first advice is take it SLOW !! It's great that you're out and walking and starting your excercise but remember to take it SLOW. If it hurts stop and start a little bit later.

Dont worry about the itching, it's a healing wound and as your new skin comes in it'll itch, mine did but remeber not to scratch, you dont want to scar !!

VIcodin..OMG !! that was my bestfriend and a legal way to get high..what's not to love LOL !!!

Debi said...

Thanks, I guess if they never itch, then I was extremely lucky, otherwise, it will come later as you said.

Also, I know that you are right about trying to walk too much. Since our house is basically on the top of a hill, I have to walk uphill a lot. But, I will try to take it slower. Either walk a shorter distance or walk a route that doesn't put me on too much of an uphill climb.