Friday, December 11, 2009

New NSV & Pictures :)

Hey Ya'll,

Not to much to say right now, but I did want to let you know about a new NSV!  Last night my DH & I drove to another neighborhood so that we could check out their Christmas Lights on our evening walk.  It was a fairly big block & I wasn't tired at all, nor was I in pain!  Of course the block isn't on a hill like ours which made it easier for me to walk it, but I am sure that I could have walked it at least 2 times!!  Which means that my stamina is finally building up!

This neighborhood is notorious for their Christmas Decorations.  Almost every home decorates & most are in themes like Disney, etc.  Unfortunately, we got there a bit early & not everyone was home yet from work so only about 1/2 of the houses were lit up during our walk.  But I did remember to take my camera & I got a few good shots in!!  So I will post these pictures today (at least some of them).  So all of these pictures, I TOOK!!

Now I am not very religious, but this Nativity scene was impressive to look at.

This man brings his train to this street & charges $3 per person to ride it slowly around the neighborhood.

This is the same train moving.  I blurred the photo (I'm sorry) but I thought it made a cool effect.  If you bring it up to full size, to the left of the photo in front of the train, it kind of looks like fire.

If you look closely, you will see a dark figure standing next to the light post, that is my DH.  He patiently waited for me to take pictures, moving back & forth across the street numerous times during our walk to get the photos that I wanted.

And last but certainly not least, a Hawaiian themed setup.  See the Mele Kalikimaka in the background?  Remember, that means Merry Christmas.

Well folks, I will leave you at that!  I will post more pictures that I took later.  I need to get to work on my Mom's painting.  It is my painting day!!  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

So pretty - love these pictures - keep them coming :)

Debi said...

Thanks Cara! I have a few more I will post in the next day or two!

Dinnerland said...

Congrats on the latest NSV! Keep up the great work.... imagine, you're LOSING weight at the holidays. A big change, right?

Debi said...

Hi Dinnerland! Hope your vacation was everything you hoped it would be. Yes, it is possible to lose weight during the Holidays! I probably won't, but even if I just stay the same, I would be happy!