Friday, December 4, 2009

"Welcome To My Nightmare" Hehehe!

Hey Ya'll,

Well as you know, yesterday I overdid it putting on the Christmas Lights around my windows & moving some furniture around.  I was really concerned that I may have flipped my port.  As the only pain I have is right at the port.  This morning it had stopped hurting, but now that I am trying to put up some more decorations, it still hurts if I bend over.  I am trying to bend as little as possible, so I am letting my DH help me decorate the Christmas Tree this year!!  He will decorate the bottom area so I don't have to bend more than necessary.  He is absolutely thrilled with this.... NOT!!  But he will do it so I don't continue to  hurt myself!  So I am currently putting up my decorations.  This will take the rest of the day I am sure, as I take my time on the Tree!

My Mom's painting is almost dry enough for me to paint some more on it.  I will probably start painting the flowers tomorrow.  Now, I am NOT a fast painter!  I will probably take 4-8 hrs to paint just one flower.  If I am lucky, I can manage two.  But when I paint, I rarely get that much accomplished.  As I said before, I am a beginner in painting.  I only took up Oil Painting about 2 yrs ago!  And in that time, I have only completed 6 paintings!!  But each one gets better than the last (for the most part anyway)!!  Here is a photo of my last painting.  It is a Butterfly for my friend Nadene.  Now remember, I am new & this is the first time I have painted something other than a seascape type of painting.  So try not to laugh too hard!!



So, I guess I will leave you for now with some more Christmas cheer in photos!  I didn't take these photos.



This scene probably only looks good for those of us that doesn't have to deal with snow!!

Ok, only a dog would allow this to happen!  A cat would wake up & tell you to piss off!!  LOL

And here is the required Hawaiian Ornament!

Well, I guess I better get back to work!  My break is over.  :(  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

3 comments:

Nessa said...

You be careful, Debi. Glad you asked for some help. I love your butterfly painting, it's bright and colorful and everyone loves gifts that come straight from the heart. Lovely!!!

THE DASH! said...

OMG - you painted that butterfly? I had to go back and read it three times as I wasn't sure if it was a pic you saw and liked and posted but nope: you did this!!! You are just brilliant - and the picture is amazing. I'm always envious of those who can paint .. well, because I can't lol. Just beautiful, Debi.

Debi said...

Thanks guys!! I tend to be so hard on myself in painting. I try to make it look real, which you really shouldn't in painting. But I can't help it. I just like to make what I am painting look as close to the photo I based it off of. Which is why it takes me FOREVER!!

I painted the Butterfly painting in about 12 sessions of at least 6-10 hrs each. But the flowers were added in later. The flowers the Butterfly is resting on are horrible, but I am kind of proud of the rose I stuck in the corner!! It was the first flower I have painted, so we shall see how my Mom's vase of roses turns out!! Anyway, I am glad that you like it!!