Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pretty Photos & An Update!! :)

Hey Ya'll,

Just a kind of quick post (I hope) to let you know how I am doing.  I am posting a picture of the Surgeons at the Western Bariatric Institute in Reno, Nevada.  If you are in this area, these Surgeons are fantastic!  My Surgeon is Dr Kozar.  He is the one on the far right in the photo.  He is an amazing Surgeon.
WBI Logo


Western Bariatric Institute Newsletter
December, 2009
Healthy Holidays!

Tux pic surgeons
WBI Surgeons, left to right: Dr. Watson, Dr. Sasse, Dr. Ganser and Dr. Kozar





So, now with some pretty Christmas photos!!

Just another pretty tree!

I love bright, shiny ornaments!

Some more pretty ornaments.

And of course, a Hawaiian themed photo!!

So, now that the pretty photos are out of the way!  Yesterday, I ate less than what I am supposed to eat & I still didn't lose anything!!!  What gives?  If you eat less than what you are allowed to eat to have a weight loss, why am I not losing?  I am getting the proper amount of Proteins in too.  Maybe it is because I didn't drink the proper amount of water?  I will up my water intake today & see if that makes a difference.

Yesterday I spent most of the day (8 hrs) working on my Mom's painting.  I didn't finish painting & cleaning up my brushes until 11:30 pm!!  My mom loves roses, so I am painting her a vase of roses & I am attempting to have it finished by Christmas!!  I have already painted the background, the vase & now, the leaves.  All I have left is the roses, & there are 5 of them.  The problem is, I paint in oils so I have to let them dry (or mostly dry) between painting sessions.  Especially since they are so close together in the painting.  I tend to hold the canvas a lot when I paint so I can turn it in different positions.  Which is why I like it fairly dry.  Wish me luck!!  Hopefully it will turn out well.  I will post a photo of it when I am finished.

I need a fill!!  I am doing ok as far as hunger goes, but that is because I am eating more than I am supposed to be eating according to them at one sitting.  So my weight loss has slowed down.  But I am still trying to eat only the amount of calories I am allowed.  I am able to control myself as to when I eat.  But if I eat the smaller portions that I am supposed to eat, then I do get hungry earlier.  My biggest problem is at night.  Since I stay up so late, I am finding it hard not to graze.  I think I am getting myself under control in that aspect though.  :)  I am telling myself, am I REALLY hungry or is it just habit.  Most of the time it is habit.  But since I do get up later & stay up much later, my dinner time is around 10-11 pm.  So I need to eat something.  I just have to remind myself to not eat more than what I am allowed & not eat more due to Head Hunger!!

Because I was in my painting mode yesterday, DH & I didn't go walking.  Good thing, as I didn't finish painting until 11:30.  If we had walked, it would have been much later!  So we will definitely go walking tonight again.  Hopefully I can convince my DH to put up the tree tonight as well so I can put up the decorations!!  I really, really want to see some Christmas cheer in our home!  We are having some set backs due to the economy.  Not to mention that his work is Contracted through the State, & they are not always very timely with paying the smaller Contracted workers, making our paydays farther out than necessary & DH's hours has been cut significantly so we are pinching pennies right now to get through the holidays.  So a little Christmas cheer will do us good I think!!

Well I guess I will go for now, till next time!

Aloha My Friends  :)

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Could be Debi, that you are UNDEReating calorie wise - for some reason this slows the weight loss down horribly and it's a find balance between getting the right calories in and making sure you get your protein and good foods down. It will take a little time but you will adjust and figure it out. If nothing else, doing so much activity will spur that weight loss back in.. just make sure you don't drop below 1000 calories (hard to do when you've just had surgery though.. eek!)

THE DASH! said...

Ooops that should have been "fine" balance.. doh! lol

Gen said...

Debi, try drinking more water. This usually helps me, but for some reason it is so hard to do! It feels like a real chore to me.

You have some cutie doctors! Thanks for all the great pix.

Debi said...

Thanks guys! I was kind of thinking the same thing! I know I shouldn't let my calories get too low, & I know that I need my protein up to at least 65 per my Doctor & I also need at least the 64 ozs of water!!!

Your right though, it will just take a little time to get into a routine. I am sooo close to breaking onederland! I would like to break it before Christmas! I still have 3 lbs to go, but at the rate I am going, it will take that long!!!