Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Quick Post :)

Hey Ya'll,

Just a quick post to say that today I am finishing up my Christmas Decorations.  But first I had to make a quick (did I say quick?) run to Bed, Bath & Beyond for some more Votive Candles in the Christmas Cookie scent (my favorite).  Then I had to make a stop at Staples to buy myself a food journal (which was a nightmare, as it is right next door to one of the busiest COSTCO'S in the area, on a narrow two lane street), as my Doctor warned me that they would be asking to check it the next time I was in!!  LOL

Now that I am home, I will try to do some painting on Mom's Rose Vase today.  Then finish putting out my Christmas Decorations.  I only lack putting out the Christmas Village.  But right now, DH is asleep on the sofa in the adjoining room, so I don't want to disturb him!!  So, I will leave you with a few pictures that I took last night of our Christmas Tree, etc.  So These Are My Photos!!! LOL  Not some I found online!

This is of my almost Antique Bookcase (@ 33 yrs old) lit up without any lighting in the room & without the flash.  If you make the photo larger, the lights kind of looks like brightly lit birds, because of the way they are distorted!!

Same photo with flash & the lights on.  Sorry for the clutter on the Bookcase, I forgot to declutter it before I moved the Sofa in front of it to make room for the Tree.


A small ceramic pre-lit Christmas Tree that I usually place in our Bedroom.  But decided to place it here instead so more people can see it.  Again, no lights except the Christmas Lights in the room.  The light you see coming through the window is the Christmas Lights that I put up the other day (causing me all kinds of grief).
With the flash on.

Our Christmas Tree!  Only lit by the Christmas Lights & the flash on the camera.  Sorry, I haven't wrapped the presents yet, so the Tree is bare of gifts.  You can't tell, but the Tree topping is an Angel that my Mom gave me about 35 yrs ago!!  It still lights up!

And here is the Tree with the overhead light on.  I prefer it off as it doesn't show the pretty lights as well.
And last but certainly not least, the Hawaiian Ornament of the day!!

Well, I better get to work.  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Wow - your tree is SO pretty - nice work whoever put that together!!! You really do love Christmas huh.. lol it's starting to rub off on me now.. I am getting excited as more and more things around me start to happen. Bring it on!

Debi said...

Thanks Cara! My Step-Son Russ put the Tree together, my DH strung the lights & I put all the decorations on it! So you could say it was a group effort!! Other than the tree, anything else Christmissy (not a word, I know), I do all by myself!!

Nessa said...

Oh nowwwwww, you're inspiring me to decorate. I wasn't going to this year, maybe just a mini-tree but you're pushing me off in the direction of my strings of lights and holiday teddy bears....thanks :))

Debi said...

Your welcome Nessa!! Lights & Christmas Bears is always good for me!! I love Stuffed Bears!