Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Post Op Appointment :)

Hey Ya'll,

Just wanted to say hi & to let you know how my day went yesterday at the Post-Op Appointment with Dr Kozar in Reno.

Here are a couple of photos taken tonight of my battle wounds!!  There are 5 scars.  Except for the largest one, I think most will fade away pretty well.  Today is day 12 after Surgery.  So I think the Incisions are looking pretty good!

Yes, I am in my pj's already!  If we are at home, unless we have company over, then I am in my pj's relaxing.  :)  I hate to wear a bra as it always hurts me.  I am hoping that with weight loss, the pain will get less making it bearable to wear a bra more than when it is absolutely necessary!!  LOL

I thought it would be nice to show a different holiday decoration in every post.  I did not take this photo, nor is it of my house.  I just thought it was bright & festive.

I also thought it would be fun to show an ornament or decoration from Hawaii as well.  These flip flops are one of the Hawaiian ornaments I found online.


Yesterday was a busy day for us!  I didn't go to bed Sunday night until around 1:45 as usual (I am a late night person & rarely go to bed before 1 am), then my DH woke me up at 9:30 am so I could jump in the shower to get ready to drive up to Reno for my Surgery Post-Op Appointment.  Luckily, I lost all but .4 lbs of the weight that I had gained over Thanksgiving & the weekend!  So they were happy with my 25.6 lb loss to date!

They were thrilled & disbelieving when I told them that I have had none of the usual problems such as gas pains, nausea, etc.  But it is true!  I have had none of these problems.  Alas, I did tell them the truth about my eating food immediately.  The Doctor wasn't too thrilled, but since I had had no problems, no getting stuck, PB'g, etc.  He really couldn't say too much.  He said that the rules they give us is mostly for the majority of the patients who, if allowed to eat normally, wouldn't be able to control themselves & eat smaller bites, chew properly, etc & would end up messing up the Band by vomiting, etc.  So, he was amazed that I was able to eat normal & not have any problems &&& lose weight!  Now if only I can continue to LOSE weight!!

I'm serious, I have been eating pretty much what I felt like in small amounts.  The day after Surgery, at the buffet we went to eat at with my In-Laws.  I had a spoon of Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy, a spoon of Cottage Cheese, a spoon of Beans from the Mexican section & part of the filling from a piece of Key Lime Pie for lunch!!  Then for an early dinner, I had 1/3 of the Tuna from a Tuna Pita Sandwich & a few pieces of Cantaloupe & Honey Dew Melon.  Later that night, I ate another 1/3 of the Tuna & some more of the fruit.

Since we had requested a late check out at the Hotel, to allow the road over the Sierra's to get cleaned up & dry from the huge storm on Friday, we didn't have to check out until noon or 1 pm.  So we were up pretty late, making us both hungry before bed.  The next morning (Saturday), we went down & had breakfast before leaving & I had some fantastic Scrambled Eggs smothered in Cheddar Cheese.  Of course, I could only eat a small amount of it (damn! They were the best I have ever had.  Oh well!)!!  

Once we got home, I tried to be good & was for the first day or two, but ended up eating Soup w/the Noodles & Chicken chunks in it almost immediately.  Also I had some more home mixed Tuna.  Then my DH (he is the cook in our family), made me a really fantastic super moist Barbecue Meatloaf.  The meat just melts in your mouth!  So I have been living on it for a week!

Then on Thanksgiving, I had 2 small pieces of Turkey, a small piece of Ham (all of the meat was cut into very small pieces), a spoon of the Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy & a spoon of Alice's home made Macaroni & Cheese.  Then for desert later, I had a small piece of Pumpkin Pie & an even smaller piece of Chocolate Creme Pie (I did not eat the crust on either pie nor did I eat the creme topping on the creme pie) & a small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.   

So when the Doctor asked me how much Protein I was taking in, I couldn't say as I hadn't been checking anything that gave protein amounts.  But I did tell him that almost everything I have eaten since Surgery has been protein & I promised that I would begin keeping a journal of what I eat so we can figure out the protein amounts, etc.  So all in all, they were thrilled with my weight loss so far & my Incisions are healing nicely.

So we set my first fill appointment for December 28th.  Assuming I need it, or at least the person who administers the fills believes I do!  Since I am basically eating whatever I want, I will be sure to get a fill!!  I am lucky in that I can still go quite a long time between meals, but when I do eat, I eat probably a bit too much.  So the Doctor wants me to eat more smaller meals like 3-4 meals & 2-3 snacks a day instead.  It is hard to do this, as I have always been one to eat at mealtime mostly, but I will try to readjust my eating habits!

Anyway, after we got home yesterday & relaxed a bit from the long drive, we went for our walk.  I made the decision to try the extra long walk.  We made it but it was longgg.  Our area is on a hill, so any way we walk, we will have to walk back upwards at some point!  We figured we walked about a 1/2 mile last night & I wasn't even huffing & puffing like I used to, nor did I use my walker!!!  The only thing that hurt on me was my hips, so maybe there is some hope for me after all!!  :)

So last night, I began trying to get caught up on all of your blogs & posting my new one.  Unfortunately, it took so long to upload all the photos, that I didn't get to bed until almost 3 am!  And I still didn't really post anything but photos!  Oh well.  I like photos, & I like seeing photos in others blogs too!  It sort of makes it more personal, knowing that we are talking to each other from all different areas of the World!!

So seeing you in your surroundings makes everything we say to each other more real.  Being able to put a name & face to everyone we are communicating with makes our friendships seem so much more than just a hi kind of thing.  I'm sorry, I am not saying this very well, am I?  But I hope you understand what I am trying to say.  I really have enjoyed blogging & getting to know so many of you out there that is going through the same thing as me.  We are kindred spirits in this journey of ours.

Ok, time to dry my eyes now.  Today, I went shopping for items we needed in the house.  I had to go to 2 different Banks, & both Costco & Sams Club!  What a day it was.  I was exhausted by the time I got home!  All the crowds, especially at Costco!  But besides shopping for household items needed, I also had to pay the membership dues at both clubs, so that I COULD shop there!  The line for this was wayyy long at both places!  But I persevered & got it done for another year!!  LOL

I also had to go to K-Mart for my Sugar Free Kool-Aid.  This is the only store in town that sells it now!  Since I can't have my Diet Coke anymore, & I HATE Coffee or Tea!  I am drinking the Kool-Aid in Cherry flavor for my water.  I'm sorry ya'll, but I need a flavor to drink!  I only drink plain water when I am parched & desperate!!

 



Anyway, I hate to end on a down note, but I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Hope to hear from you soon.  OH!! I almost forgot!  The Doctor said that I have either a 2 or 2.5 cc fill already, due to the way he does the banding.  Maybe that's why I can go so long still without starving?

Aloha My Friends  :)


4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Helllooooo! First I wanted to say I love your PJ's! I am in mine as well, almost as soon as I get home. Sometimes I envy those ladies who are dressed until they go to bed. I just dont know how they do it! If it wasnt for Tracey worrying about someone seeing me walking around in my underwear, I wouldnt even wear PJ's!

Your tummy is looking great. Thanks for the pictures! I love them too!

Debi said...

Thanks Amy! I thought that I was the only one who doesn't want to be uncomfortable at home!!

THE DASH! said...

Your tummy looks fab!!! The incisions are healing beautifully and it looks like your tum has come down already - yayy.. sounds like you're coping really well so far. Keep at it!

Debi said...

Thanks Cara! I'm not sure what has happened, but I also haven't had any itching yet either! I have been expecting it, but so far, nothing!! What gives am I a weird person or what?