Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weight Change, Oh My!! :)

Hey Ya'll,

My scale finally moved down a bit, but anything down is good, right??  I also decided to weigh myself in the flesh so to speak & I found that I weigh 198.6!!  I have always weighed myself with my pj's on & I found that with them on I weigh 2 lbs more!   But since I have always weighed myself with them on, for the time being I will keep my blog scales at the higher weight, since I always have my clothes on at the Doctor's office as well.  But I know in my heart that I am technically 2 lbs less than what the scales on my blog show!!!  So yea for me!!!  :) :) :)  So technically I am in onederland, but I will not broadcast it until I am officially there with my pj's on.

Yesterday I spent ALL DAY doing laundry!!  I had 10 loads to do & since I didn't start until about 3:30 pm, I didn't finish until 3:30 am!!  So it was 4:00 am when I got to bed.  Unfortunately, it was about 6:30 am before I was able to GET TO SLEEP!!!!  Then my DH woke me at 11:35 am, so I had maybe 5 hrs of sleep, but not really as I continued to wake up throughout the morning.

But get this, I was just about to get to sleep at about 6:00 am, when all of a sudden a loud whooshing sound started!  It was my Bi Pap Machine.  Somehow the hose came disconnected from the machine causing all the air to just gust out of it!!  The thing is, I was laying peacefully on my side not tossing & turning at all, so I have no idea what could have caused it to pull loose from the machine.  However, this has happened about 3 times in the past year, & if I didn't know any better, I would think I might have a ghost playing with me!!  LOL  So that took me about another 30 mins or so to get back to that place where I could fall to sleep again!!!  Arggggh!!

Oh, & before I forget, last night, my DH made us a small dinner.  He made some Mashed Potatoes & barbecued us some Prime Rib.  This was before we remembered that I am not supposed to eat dense meat like Steak for the first 6 months!  So I ended up eating about 1/4th of the meat before it dawned on me I can't eat it.  But it went down easily, no problems.  But I will not eat anymore of it even though it tasted great.  Here is a photo of the plate.  Now I want you to realize that this is a full sized plate, not a small bread plate or salad plate!!  This is the kind of servings my DH gives us.  Of course, we don't have to finish it!!  Thank god!

What do you think?  Looks good doesn't it?

So, today I am going to paint another of the Roses in my Mom's painting.  Then I will only have one left to paint.  This will of course, take me at least 4-6 hours!!!  Like I said, I am not a fast painter.  Anyway, I guess I better get started or it won't get done!  I will leave you with a few more of the photos that I took the other night on our walk in one of our town's neighborhoods.

Check out the Reindeer looking out of the window over the garage.  I will post a closer view in the next photo.

Here is a bit closer view of the Reindeer.

Thought this house was nice.  Pretty without being too over the top (although I like over the top).  :)

The kids always likes this one.  Anything to do with Candy Canes & a Snowman.

So I guess I will end this for now, till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)


The Dash! said...

Hey you're in Onederland.. whooooo how exciting!! Congrats, Debi. That meal looked damn fine too!!

Debi said...

Yes it was!! Too bad I can't eat it again for a while!

Amy W. said...

Debi-Tracey's son has to wear a bi-pap a majority of the day and night and has developed a nasty sore on the top of his nose from it...i know you only wear yours at night...but can you think of anything that might help with the rubbing?

Debi said...

Hi Amy,

You said Tracey's son has a sore on the top of the nose? The information that I received with my machine says that you can use a barrier on the skin, such as Microspore Tape, Duoderm or RoEzit Dermal Care Cream.

The area that I occasionally have problems of soreness/wearing issues, is at the base of my nose, right between the two nostrils. If this is where you meant, what I do when it starts hurting/chafing is to take one of those small round bandages, I cut it in half & place it right in that area so that it keeps the mask from rubbing.

However, I'm assuming he uses a standard mask. Because of my allergic reactions to the standard masks (which I show pictures of in my November 3rd post), I have to use an all cloth mask. The website for it is:, if you would like to see it (it is strange looking. In fact, my DH laughed & made sounds like an elephant putting his hand up to his nose when he first saw it!!). But he loves it since it keeps me from snoring now!!!! :)

So in answer to your question, when I start to get the rubbing, I use a small bandage. But if he uses a standard mask, he may want to try some of the other options that I mentioned above. I hope this helps!!