Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Day :)

Hey Ya'll,

How is everyone doing today?  Has everyone finished their Christmas shopping?  Well, I started working on the tax prep again today (boring).  So tomorrow I will continue painting on my Mom's Vase of Roses.  Tonight we had a great dinner out with our daughter Kat & son Russ.  We went to PF Chang's.  They have one dish that I love!  It is also Kat's favorite dish so we always split it.  In the past, we could always finish it off at dinner.  But tonight, I ate less than half what I normally would have ate, so I brought the rest home for lunch tomorrow!!  And one of the nicest parts of the dinner was, Kat refused to let us pay.  She wanted to treat us!!  It is so great when your kids grow up & want to give back by taking you out to dinner!!

After dinner, Kat & Russ had to rush off to meet our oldest daughter Christa & our grand kids as well as my brother's children.  They always have a photo taken for Christmas.  So this is our annual Christmas picture being taken tonight.

While they were off getting their pictures taken, my DH & I went for our nightly walk.  It is getting so cold that & am going to have to go buy myself a full face mask for our walks!!  It has been dropping down into the 30's for our walk.  We live in California people!  We are not used to temperatures this cold!!  So we are not prepared with the proper outerwear.  I used to have the warmest scarf to wrap around my neck, but I haven't been able to found it.  I will continue to look but if I am unable to find it, I will be purchasing a new scarf as well!!  LOL

This just hit me as funny!  Here I have been complaining about how I wish I lived in a cooler environment, then it cools down & I am complaining!!  But seriously, if I had the proper outerwear, it wouldn't bother me so much.  I would rather bundle up than be unbearably, uncomfortably hot because you can only take off so much!!!

So with this, I will leave you with a few more photos of my Christmas Decorations.  One of them was a gift to me from my BFF last year.  I can't wait to be able to light it up!  It is a red Christmas Candle with a nice gentle scent which is great as I can't be around really strong scents due to my allergies.

Our mantle with some Xmas Decorations, lit up with Xmas lights.  Sorry they are a bit blurry.

And the same photo with the flash on.  Not nearly as pretty, but at least you can see it!

And the decorations on top of my Digital Piano.  The red candle is on the right side in front of the reindeer.

A closeup of the decorations on the left hand side.

And the decorations to the right.  The candle is on the end in front of the reindeer.  I believe it is a homemade candle.  Like I said, I can't wait to light it up.  I always light the candles on Christmas Eve when we have a big family gathering.

So that's all for tonight.  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Love the decorations! That is really wonderful that you guys walk together at night. I am not sure we could do that in our neighborhood...:)

Debi said...

Well, he knows that I won't do it by myself!! LOL I could go to the gym, but he also knows that I probably wouldn't go there either, so he walks with me to make sure that I do SOME exercise!! Besides, he is hoping to lose about 25 lbs too.

Nikki said...

Loving the decos! I love Christmas, everything gets so beautiful and festive...and people are generally nicer too! (at least if they aren't you can call em Grinch or Scrooge!) I can totally relate to the temperature stuff...Hawaii, lovely tropical climate, has been getting into the 50's...and with the tradewinds, you gotta break out the down comforters!! (I dont have heat or ac...so we keep our windows open.) Crazy-ness!

Its so awesome to have that support from DH! I see it now...holding hands walking in the neighborhood with Christmas lights all aglow...-sigh-...can you tell I love movies? lol

Debi said...

Thanks Nikki, I know that Hawaii can & does get cold. We were there a few years ago over Thanksgiving week & it rained so hard that the streets were flooding, not to mention the extreme cold winds! But luckily, it only lasted a couple of days, then back to normal & warm.

Yes, my DH really does support me in this & it makes all the difference in the world. Oh, and we do walk hand in hand!! Lol I love the movies too!