Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm Sooo Torn!! :(

Hey Ya'll,

First I want to post the pretty pictures, then I will get into what my Post Title refers to.


No, I am sorry to say that this is NOT my Christmas Tree!  I wish it were.  But I thought a pretty picture of a tree is better than no tree at all!!
This says Mele Kalikimaka which in Hawaiian, means Merry Christmas.  For those of you who have never been to Hawaii, it is pronounced; Maylay Kaaleekeemaakaa.  I know this isn't easy to understand, so here is a link to a site that explains the Hawaiian Alphabet for those that care to know!  http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/alpha.htm  And for those that would like to know what their name is in Hawaiian, here is another link, http://www.hawaiianshop.com/Hawaiian_Names.html.  Also, if you have ever watched the movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, the scene where Chevy Chase is daydreaming looking out at his backyard & imagining a swimming pool & everyone enjoying it.  The song being sung by Bing Crosby pronounces Mele Kalikimaka!

So, now for the sad, torn post.  I am torn between what I know, I REALLY NEED to do & what I REALLY WANT to do.  I really need to finish pulling our tax information together really quick.  But I really want to put up our Christmas Decorations!  The tax work could take at least a week if not two to finish.  Which would mean, why bother to put it all up for only a week or two at most, then have to tear it all down?  It would only take a day or two to put up all the Decorations, then I would have the rest of the time to do the taxes.  What do you guys think?  Am I being selfish wanting to put up some Christmas Cheer before doing the boring, tedious work? 

Oh, & did I mention that I need to get back to work on my painting?  I was hoping to have my Mom's painting done in time for Christmas, but unless I start painting, I will never get it finished!!!  Yikes, I don't know how I am going to get all this done!!

I better go for now, I have tons to do as you can imagine.  Till next time!

Aloha My Friends  :)

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Oh for a second I thought your tree was giving mine competition and was a clear winner lol. That is a beautiful one!!!
And no, you're not being selfish wanting some Christmas cheer before you do the boring work - all year we do the boring shit - time for some fun!!!

Debi said...

Thanks Cara! Hopefully my DH will not mind if I spend some time decorating first.

Christa said...

Hi Mom! (yep, it's me!) First time I have figured out how to post a comment....I'm torn too about decorations! Here's what I decided to do: work about an hour or so doing what I want to do, then work and hour doing what I SHOULD be doing...and so on. Slowly I'm getting it done!

Debi said...

That sounds like a good plan to me, maybe I will try it! Right now I am working on Grandma's painting. I am painting in the leaves. Then I can start all the roses, one at a time! By the way, your German Chocolate Cake was fabulous!