Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holly Cow....That Hurt!! And OMG!!!

Hey Ya'll,

First of all, I have a question for all you bandster's out there.  Where have you been able to buy the UNJURY UNFLAVORED PROTEIN POWDER?  I looked in Walmart today & couldn't find it.  Any other suggestions?  After reading many of your blogs, it appears that many of you use it & say that it gives you the extra protein you need & that it truly is tasteless!  I could definitely use this!! 

Well, I received a call from my Dermatologist last week regarding the biopsy she did on the mole she removed on my leg.  She said that although it wouldn't be considered Cancerous, it is definitely in a growing stage that could turn into skin cancer down the road & that the Pathologist recommended complete removal of it & the skin surrounding it.

So today was the day to get it done.  I wanted to make sure that I got it done before the end of the year, so my Insurance would completely cover it.  As I have already met my Maximum Out Of Pocket for the year.  So they were real accomodating in working me in so quick! 

But the numbing shots hurt like hell!!!  But once it started to numb up, it was great!  So now I have a big chunk of my leg taken out!  She told me, don't worry I am only taking a small area surrounding the original mole area.  But then that is what she said when she removed another mole on my abdomen for the same reason!!  It is a huge scar about an inch & a half where a mole once was!!!!  Oh well, it's better to get them removed than to have problems down the line!  And did I say that the pain is finally starting to set in?  She really numbed it up good!  That was at 1:30 pm & it is now 12:01 am & I am just now feeling it!!

Now for the OMG news.  My DH has been experiencing some problems lately, that he has finally decided to have checked out.  The Doctor is running some tests to try to narrow down what is causing his problems.  The first tests was some blood work.  The next test is a CT Scan.  Then hopefully we will get some good news, that the problem is a minor one & not a major one. 

As with many symptoms.  They can be caused from any number of things, ranging from minor to something major like Cancer.  So I am trying to keep this in mind & not let the worst case scenario take over my thoughts.  It is probably something minor, so this is my mantra for now, it is something minor!  I will report more as we get information.

Tonight we weren't able to go for our walk because of the minor surgery on my leg.  The Doctor said to take it easy on the leg for today, then I can walk again tomorrow!  So I started painting the background on my next painting.  I'm not sure though, I may need to paint a second coat on it.  But at least it is started!!

Well, I better go for now.  I need to read up on some blogs so I don't get too far behind.  Tomorrow I need to wrap all the Christmas presents.  As well as get my DH's prescription filled & I want to try to locate that Unjury Unflavored Protein Powder.  I guess I will try CVS Pharmacy next.  And I still need to go to the Sports Store to find me a ski mask for our nightly walks, so my face doesn't freeze anymore!!  So I will leave you with a few more photos that we took on our walks.

I love all the colors they used in this presentation.

This would be a good presentation if it weren't for the unsightly green metal box in the front yard!  We used to have one of these in the front yard of our last house.  We always threatened to wrap it up like a Christmas present!!

A cute one for the kids.  You can't tell by the photo, but the propeller on top actually did spin.

This is usually one of the best houses in the neighborhood that my DH & I drove to for one of our walks, where at least 3/4's of the homes decorate.  The man was still putting his decorations out.  He always dedicated the left side of the garage (of a three car garage) to a Santa's Workshop with moving animation!!  He was still setting it up, so unfortunately I don't have a photo of it finished!!

Well, that is all for tonight!  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends,
Happy Holidays!!  :)

10 comments:

uh said...

The decorations are beautiful and made me feel all christmasy!

Amy W. said...

Ouch with the mole and please keep us posted about DH! Thank you for sharing all the great Christmas pictures!

Robyn said...

Glad you got the mole on your leg take care of. It is better to be safe than sorry. I'll be sending good vibes to Walt, that he's just got someting minor going on.

Anonymous said...

I buy my unjury online @ unjury.com and I mix it with crystal light and benefiber. Also if you ever have to have anything else taken off, let a plastic surgeon do it, they do their incisions differently so you don't end up with the big hole...much better scar with clear edges!! I hope your DH is ok after all his testing, keep us posted!

TJ said...

I use Nectar unflavored. It is also a medical grade protein like Unjury. You can buy it online, but I also found it at the Vitamin Shoppe. I mix it in many things and it has no flavor. Some of the other unflavored protein powders have a strong vanilla flavor and are too sweet. I had to throw couple out because they overpowered everything I put in it.

But also I have noticed from reading other people's blogs is that everyone's taste buds are different and what one person thinks is tasteless is too strong to another person.

Debi said...

Thanks guys for all the comments & support.

My knee started to kill me about 1:00 am & hasn't stopped hurting yet!

I will keep you all posted on Walt's prognosis as we know what is going on.

Also a big thanks Tracy & Jennifer for your information on the tasteless Protein Powder!

Dinnerland said...

I hope everything is OK with your DH-- but no matter what you find out, remember, there are great doctors out there and there is all kinds of help for any number of diseases. Good for him for getting things checked out.
Remember my scare with my dh? And how I worried for NOTHING? I like your attitude-- keep it positive, it is probably NOTHING!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts... lots of love,
Vanessa

Debi said...

Thanks Vanessa, I knew that you would definitely understand as you had just went through this yourself.

Love to you too,
Debbie

Girl Bandit said...

Hope the leg gets better real soon and hubby's test come back clear

Debi said...

Thanks Girl Bandit. For the most part, the leg isn't hurting so much any more, unless I accidentally bump it into something!! Then, ouch!!!!

As for my hubby, it will probably be at least 1-3 weeks before we know what is going on!