Wednesday, December 16, 2009

They Didn't Take!! :(

Hey Ya'll,

Well I attempted to take some photos of my Mom's Painting today so that I could upload them into this blog post.  But I couldn't find ONE single photo that I liked the whole composition of!  Either the top Roses looked great & the bottom ones didn't or vice versa.  And I couldn't get the Vase to look good enough in any of the photos!  So I will try again tomorrow hopefully under better lighting conditions.

My DH & I made our longest walk so far tonight!  We walked to my Brother's house & back.  Although I felt like stopping in to visit, we wanted to continue walking.  I just looked up the route we took for the distance.  We had originally thought that we walked about 1/2 mile to maybe 3/4 mile tops.  But when I Googled it, I found that the walk was exactly 2 miles!!!!  I can't believe it & the whole way back home was uphill!   Although we took the route with the more gradual uphill rather than the shorter distance with the humongous hill to climb!  So after realizing that I may have underestimated our walking distances (duh, you think?).  I Googled another long walk we did that we thought was 1/2 mile & found that it was 1.2 miles!!  You can bet I will be checking distances more from now on.  LOL

Tomorrow morning I am going to meet my two Daughter's for a movie & a late lunch.  I haven't gone to a movie in over 2 years!!  The last movie I saw was 300 with my Step-Son Russ.  He wanted someone to go with, so I agreed to go with him.  We are going to see "Old Dogs" with Robin Williams & John Travolta.  It could be really cute or really stupid.  We are expecting it to be a little of both.  I will let you know how we liked it tomorrow.  I have no idea where we are going to eat.  Or if we go eat.  If they stuff themselves on popcorn, etc, then we may not go eat afterwords.  I 'm hoping that isn't the case.

Anyway, I will leave you with a few more photos that I took on our walks around our neighborhood.

This house is 7 houses from the top of our street & those two BLUE Reindeer can hurt the eyes from that far away!!!  They are sooo bright.  LOL


This house is at the bottom end of our street.

And this is my Brother's house.  He usually has lit Candy Canes lining the walk way to the front door as well.

Well, I better go for now so I can start the process of getting ready for bed.  Hopefully I will be in bed by 2:30 am.

Aloha My Friends  :)

3 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Good job on the walking!!

Robyn said...

Wow, you've been training for a marathon and didn't even know it! That's so awesome that you're walking so much, keep up the good work!

Debi said...

Thanks guys! I think I hurt my foot though. I will elaborate later if it doesn't stop.