Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'VE GOT A DATE!!! =:-)

Hey Y'all,

I finally got the call back from the Surgery Scheduler today!  She normally calls on Fridays to schedule the appointments, but since I had called in, 2 days in a row!  She figured it was REALLY IMPORTANT & called me back!

I have to attend a 3 hr Pre-Surgery Class on Tuesday, October 27th, the week after we return from our vacation to New England.  Then, I have my appointment with the Surgeon on Wednesday, November 18th & finally, my Surgery is scheduled for (drum roll please :)), Thursday, November 19th!  I have to check in to the Hospital at 6 am & my Surgery should be around 7:30'ish.  So all is well, here in Lap Band Land!  The only downer, is that I have to start my 4 wk diet almost immediately after we return from vacation & I will probably still be on liquids on Thanksgiving!  Oh Well!! lol  At least I will be able to eat Christmas dinner! :)

We are leaving for New England at 11:40 pm tonight (this is the flight time.  We will be leaving our house about 9 pm), so I will be out of touch until probably Friday night or Saturday.  But I will check in from time to time during our vacation.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Aloha Everyone!!  :)

7 comments:

MartinaB said...

Congratulations Debi, I am very happy for you :-)

Enjoy your vacation and have a safe trip to New England.

Robyn said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Have a GREAT time on your trip, I can't wait to see pictures, hopefully you'll get some good colored leaf shots!

THE DASH! said...

Hey, well done.. how very exciting for you. Nothing better in the world that nailing that date down. And don't stress about what you're missing out during liquids.. plenty of time for catch up after :)

pookie said...

Yay Debi!!!
Enjoy your trip. the liquid phase goes quickly...it will all fly by!!

Gen said...

Awesome!!! I think you should definitely be able to have mashed potatoes and gravy for T'giving. Make mashed sweet potatoes too!
And a tasty soup like pumpkin or squash - you will be fine!

Have a great trip, I'm jealous! This time of year I miss the east coast (just a little) ;)

DB said...

You're surgery is on my birthday!!! That has to be a good sign :). I'm so happy for you - what a relief - right?

Debi said...

Thanks everyone! I am sooo excited! I am hoping to be able to at least have some mushies by Thanksgiving! I don't remember if I have to wait 1 or 2 weeks for mushies! In case I forget, Dawn, have a great birthday!