Friday, October 23, 2009

4 Week Pre-Op Diet

Hey Y'all,

This is a reprint of my 4 wk Pre-Op Diet for Gen.  I will actually only be on the diet, 3 wks & 2 days though as I won't be starting the diet until next Wednesday the 28th & my Surgery is scheduled for November 19th.  I am supposed to lose 11 lbs by then.  I am not anticipating this to be a hard feat as I can lose 7-10 lbs just in water loss!!  LOL.  So here is my Pre-Op Diet.  Thank goodness, it isn't 4 wks of total liquid, like I had originally thought!!! :)  But, it is still almost 4 wks long.  :(

Week 1:
Breakfast:  Protein Shake
Snack:  Fruit, etc.
Lunch:  300 cal or less meal replacement w 1-2 cups veggies
Snack:  same as above
Dinner:  same as lunch
Snack:  Protein Shake

Week 2:
Breakfast:  Protein Shake
Snack:  same as above
Lunch:  Protein Shake and 1-2 cups veggies
Snack:  saa
Dinner:  300 cal/less meal replacement w 1-2 cups veggies
Snack:  Protein Shake

Weeks 3-4:
Breakfast:  Protein Shake
Snack:  1/2 Protein Shake
Lunch:  Protein Shake and 1-2 cups veggies
Snack:  saa
Dinner:  same as Lunch
Snack:  saa

I think I will be HATING Protein Shakes by the end of this!!!  lol
Till Next Time,
Aloha :)

3 comments:

Gen said...

So you get to eat at least one small meal the first 2 weeks, then its all protein shakes? Is that what "meal replacement" means? Like a frozen meal? Or is it some sort of liquid thing?

Not fun. You can do it though! You will have no problem losing 11, probably much more than that! Good luck!

Robyn said...

I am hating protien shakes already. Well I guess I hated them even before I started my pre-op, but this diet reminded me just how much I hate them. I just do the old plug and chugg to get them down as fast as I can without tasting.

Debi said...

Thanks guys, I am sure that I will hate the protein shakes as well! Yes Gen, the first two weeks allows the frozen diet dinners like Weight Watchers, South Beach, Healthy Choice, etc. (I personally love the Safeway brand) just so long as they are 300 calories or less each.

I am NOT looking forward to drinking the shakes though. But I read a blog a few weeks ago, & she said that she found the Premium Powder Protein Shakes (she found them at Costco) were actually good (she claims they tasted like Chocolate Milk & I love Chocolate Milk), so I am going to try it.

It is really reasonable in cost as well. I can buy a bag for $28.99 with 70 servings, whereas the protein drink from my Surgeon's office is $50.00 for 20-25 servings!! So, I am going to buy the Premium brand & hope for the best!!

Debi