Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Made It Over The Hill!!

Hey Y'all,

Well, I made it back from Reno!  I wasn't too sure at first that I would be able to drive back today as it started snowing when I began the drive home!  Which usually means that Truckee, CA would be worse as it is just below the Summit of the Sierra's on the Nevada side of the Sierra's.

Luckily, I have a great friend that lives in Truckee & she was all for me staying there for the night if necessary.  So I drove off knowing that I could get at least up to Truckee, but hoping I would be able to make it home!  You know how it is, you miss your own bed!!!  So, I made it to Truckee & it was just snowing lightly (snow flurries).  The big overhead road sign that alerts traveler's of road conditions ahead wasn't lit up saying to stay away, unless you had chains, so my little Honda CRV & I continued on up & over the hill. 

So, as my Title says, I Made It Over The Hill!!  I am so glad it was just a very light storm this time.  I hate driving in bad weather & I refuse to put on chains!  So if we can't make it over with a 4x4, we ain't going over baby!!!  :)

This Class was totally unnecessary as far as I am concerned, I am glad that my husband didn't waste his time to go with me, although I did miss him.  The only thing I learned at this Class, that I couldn't read in the literature or from you, my blogging buddies, was that it is OK to drink fluids up to the time of the Meal, then wait for at least 30 mins after eating to drink again.  Before, the Doctor always said not drink 30 mins before eating the meal as well.  Thank God, Hallelujah! 

Now the hard part comes in, I must begin my Pre-Op Diet tomorrow!!  :(  But, because of my vacation, & this Class, I am starting the Diet 6 days late, so instead of it being 4 wks, it will only be a 3 wk, 1 day diet.  Luckily, I only need to lose 11 lbs before Surgery.  Wish me luck!!  Soon, I will be one of the few who can say they are Bander's.  At least I will be able to eat some Mashed Potatoes on Thanksgiving!

Aloha My Friends  :)

2 comments:

THE DASH! said...

You're going to do great on the pre-op diet.. and just think of it as a means to an end. You have a great reason for doing it and it will spur you on!!
My doc says that too, drink UP to when you eat and then wait 30 mins after.. it might sound hard but it's not too bad actually. And at least we don't have to wait for an HOUR after.. that would be tough.

Debi said...

Thanks Cara. It is going to be hard, we are already being invited to some parties & I am turning them down for now as I am not sure I can resist all the sweets this close to the start of the diet. At least I will be able to have some Mashed Potatoes at Thanksgiving!!