Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm Sorry In Advance!! :)


Hey Y'all,
 



Well, it's 22 days & counting till Surgery day!!


Now, I finally went through & picked about 56 photos of my trip to Cape Cod & New Hampshire that I hope you will like out of the hundreds of photos taken!!  Again, I apologize in advance for the amount of photos in one post. 

First day in Cape Cod, Walt had to go to the Harbor (Haabah) to get some clam chowder (or chowdah as they say).
This is the quaint Church where we stopped to take photos of a couple that just got married in Fallmouth.
This is a photo of the whole church.
Do you know how hard it is to get my Sweetheart to stop taking photos himself & just pose for me?
Chatham Lighthouse on Cape Cod.
View of Chatham Beach.
Still Chatham Beach.
Me at Chatham Beach.
My Sweetheart on the Harbor Cruise.
Wouldn't this be a great place to live?
More beautiful sites to see!
The Kennedy Compound.  You might think that it is the big white house with the collums, but you would be wrong!!  :)
Me & my Sweetheart on the Harbor Cruise.
The Plymouth Rock Memorial.  Impressive isn't it?
The Actual Plymouth Rock!  Really impressive isn't it?  Not really, but it is history!
Walt looking down on it, taking a photo of it himself.
The Plymouth Rock Monument is off my right shoulder & over my left is the Mayflower II.  It is small & held 102 passengers & 30 crew!  I walked on this thing.  I sure wouldn't have signed on for a trip of this magnitude in such a small ship!!
The Mayflower II
One of the Ships Mast/Crows Nest
Main deck area.
1 of 2 Bunks in Captains Cabin.  I don't know how he ever slept in it!  I am only 5' 3" & I couldn't fit without curling up my legs!!
The rear or Stern of the Ship in the Captains Cabin, one of the bunks is to the left in the photo.
The second bunk in the Captains Cabin looking to the door.
Looking to the Bow of the ship (front).  The white tarp is covering the stairs leading down into the hold of the ship where the passengers & supplies were kept.  It was in place as it had rained all that morning just prior to us arriving there.
Walt with the stern of the ship behind him.
Walt talking with one of the historians on the ship.
One of the woman Docents (someone who trains to represent someone of the time period, who might have been aboard the ship).  She interacted with you as her character would have.
Me freezing my a$$ on top of the Pilgrim Monument.  It is 252 ft high & there was a strong freezing wind blowing.  I was keeping guard on Walt's precious hat & his camera bag.  My turn came later for photos.  I knew I shouldn't have left my gloves in the car!!  Burr!!
A view from the top.
Check out the school with the grave yard in back.
Looking up the stair case inside the monument.  It had over 100 some odd stairs & 60 ramps.  This was supposed to make it easy to climb!!  I had people 65-70 yrs old passing me by!  It was only supposed to take about 15-20 mins to climb, (yea right) it took me somewhere between 30-45 mins!
Walt standing with the Monument behind him.
Driving through Massachusetts.

Now in New Hampshire.

A Lake near Keene, New Hampshire.
Some huge pumpkins lining the Main Street in Keene to set off the Pumpkin Festival.
More giant Pumpkins.  Can you say, "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown?"
Here she is...my BFF Kelly.  We caught up like we had only been apart for a few month, not 19 yrs!!
Here's Kelly's better half Rick & my better half, Walt.  Rick is an amazing artist.
1 of 2 giant Pumpkin Trees.  At night they were lit up.  Including all the pumpkins turned in.
This guy lives in Keene, New Hampshire & loves Horror Movies, especially the Halloween movies.  He dresses up as Michael Meyer's every year & stands at this intersection all day.
My BFF Kelly & I.
Kelly, her youngest son, David & myself.
Rick & Kelly, don't they look cute together?
Not only is Rick a talented artist painting in Oils, Acrylics & Watercolors, he also does Etchings on Grave Stones.  This is Piccolo Pete, one of Rick's Etchings.
This is another one of Rick's Etchings.
The boys walking up to the dam.
Looking down from the dam.
The Four Musketeer's!!
The painting to my right is one of Rick's latest.  He painted this one in only 2 sittings.  I would consider this finished & it would have taken me at least 15-20 sittings, but he is still working on it.  He actually did some work on it so I could watch his technique & I was amazed at how fast he works.
This is a photo (a bad one I know) of my left leg/ankle & foot to show how swollen it was.  I took this after we got home after 1am.  Every night, my legs & feet were at least this swollen!  Hopefully on this diet, I lose a lot of my swelling.
Showing how my right leg was swollen.

Well guys, I hope this didn't bore you too much.  I know there were a lot of photos, but like I said, I only input about 56 of the hundred's of photos.  If this is TMI, let me know & I will try to not show so many photos at a time.  LOL  :)  Am I forgiven?  Till Next Time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Oh the pictures were beautiful. I love New England, but have never been to New Hampshire or Plymouth...but now I want to go so BAD!

Debi said...

Thanks Amy! I was beautiful there. It was my first trip to New England as well.

THE DASH! said...

Hey, Debi
Dont ever apologise for putting pics up - we LIVE for pictures!!
These were amazing, I can't believe how beautiful it is where you visited. Just amazing (makes me want to rush over to live there now!!)
Ouch, your poor swollen leg. That will def go down once you get the surgery and start to lose weight. Something else to look forward to :)

Debi said...

Thanks Cara. I too would love to live there. As for the swollen legs, I can't wait for the swelling to go down! Maybe I can wear my regular shoes again! I haven't been able to wear them in 2 years! I had to go up at least a 1/2 size plus go wide width!