Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Don't Want To Go Home

Hey Y'all,

Well, once we got our a$$'s in gear & got out of the Resort, we found a great place to eat lunch at right on the water.  Or at least it was great for my husband!!  lol.  He loves Seafood & I won't touch it!  So he is in Seafood heaven this week.  I got a cheeseburger & it obviously was not their specialty.  It was ok, but nothing to write home about! 

Then we took a drive in search of the only Walmart on the Cape!  It was only about 20 miles from the Resort, but the drive was worth it!  We needed to buy me a foam pad for the bed so I will be able to sleep while we are here as well as some supplies, such as breakfast/lunch stuff (& snacks too!!).  I will give the bed pad to my friend in New Hampshire when we are leaving to go back to California. 

We drove past the Walmart without realizing it & found this beautiful triangular (town square) area like you see in pictures of quaint older towns where the town center is either a circle or a square with a small park like setting in the center.  It had 2 Churches, one was a more traditional style, white, etc, but beautiful.  The other was an old stone one & that was the one I was immediately attracted to.  So I took a bunch of photos of it, as well as the rest of the area.  Hopefully, some of the pics will turn out.  Oh, I almost forgot!  A wedding had just let out & they had the receiving line in process.  So we took some pictures of them as well!

By the time we got back to the Resort, it was almost dark & we are still tired from the last 2 days.  So we decided to stay in for the night.  I still have 1/2 of my dinner from last night that I can eat, so I am not too unhappy about not getting to go eat dinner out (now remember, I have to go on my 4 wk diet almost as soon as we return from vacation, so I am hoping to get to eat some really good meals while I can). 

Now we are watching Walt's Babylon 5 dvd's.  If I am unable to get into it, I always have a great book I can read!  Well, I better go for now, dinner is calling me, lol!

Aloha My Friends

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Sounds like you're having fun. Keep having good times!

Robyn said...

Can't wait to see some of the pictures!

Gen said...

Sounds great!