Thursday, November 12, 2009

One Week Away :) But Scary News





Hey Y'all,

Well it is now 7 day until Lap Band day & the time has just been flying by.  Just like everyone told me it would!  LOL.  I need to start pulling everything together that we need for the trip.  Like clothes, what drinks I might need for the 2 days after Surgery before we arrive home, etc.  I also need to wash all of the laundry before we leave so I don't have to worry about it for a couple of weeks.  Yes, we have that many sets of underwear & outerwear to not need to wash every week if I so choose.  But then again, that means I have a FULL DAY of washing ahead of me at that time!!

I put in my RX for my after Surgery Pain Medication at the local Pharmacy (CVS) a couple of days ago.  Usually I wait in the store for the RX to be filled, so I don't have to make a return trip.  Especially when I am trying to not go out of the house.  I really don't want to get around sick people, PLUS, I am afraid that I will slip up & eat something not on my allowed list again.  Which, right now, unless it is Green Beans or Carrots, it is not on the list!!  The reason I couldn't get my RX filled the other day is that, they claim they do not carry in stock my RX in that high of a dosage!!  I guess, someone might want to break in & steal it!  Anyway, I am going to coerce my DH to go pick it up for me, for the reasons listed above.  :)

I just finished checking the weather forecast for the drive over the Sierra's, & (cross your finger's it stays like this) it is supposed to snow on Tuesday, but not on Wednesday (the day we drive over).  And snow on Friday, but be somewhat clear on Saturday (the day we drive home).  Of course, when you are talking about weather & mountains, I'm sure you are as aware as I am, how volatile & unpredictable it can be!

So instead of taking my smaller, much more comfortable (not to mention much easier to get into & out of) Honda CRV (unfortunately we purchased it without 4x4 or all wheel drive), we are going to take my DH's huge Dodge Diesel (Cummins) 4x4 truck!  It is so high, that even with a step attached, I have to jump up into the cab (remember, I am only 5' 3".  Which I am a bit concerned about since it will only be 2 days after my Surgery.  I am worried that it may be too difficult or painful to get into the truck with my Incisions.  So, my DH is planning on taking one of our small step stools as an additional step up. 

Unfortunately, even if this makes it ok to get into the truck, the truck is still a truck & most importantly, DRIVES LIKE A TRUCK!!!  Luckily, it has a split bench seat, so I can tilt my seat back for more comfort if necessary, which I am absolutely certain I will!  Plus, I am expecting to need to place & hold a pillow over my stomach for support while the TRUCK bounces, all the way home!!!  But at least we know that we will be able to drive there & back.  Here are some pics of the truck, & remember,  it is larger & higher than it looks.  My leg is just about perpendicular to my body when my foot is on the step.








If you look closely, you can see my small Blue Honda parked on the other side of the truck!!  My DH said that he may be able to get another set of steps put on the truck that fold down lower before next week.  But I am not going to hold my breath!!  LOL.  Oh, & please disregard the dirt in the front yard, it is a work in progress.  My DH started to redo the front yard landscaping but only got so far as clearing out the unwanted grass, trees & bushes.  Since it is now going into Winter fast, he is not planning on finishing it until next Spring!  Unfortunately, the neighbors have to look at a lot of dirt too!!  But at least we don't have to worry about mowing anything.  :)

Well, that is about all for now.

Aloha My Friends  :)

No comments: