Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Made A Mistake!!

Hey Ya'll,

I was just reading some of the other blogs that have filled out the quiz that I did earlier this evening, when I realized that I made a mistake!! 

My first concert wasn't Cheap Trick (it was the second, but first real Rock concert), IT WAS ELVIS!!  Yes, I AM old enough to have seen him before he died!  I was 17 and went to The Concert with my Mom, Aunt, one of my Uncle's and his Wife, one of my Cousin's and her Husband, and another Cousin (male).  This was just before Elvis gained all the weight and got sickly.  He still looked fantastic!  Of course, we were up in the nosebleed section, but you could still see the sparkle off his Diamond Rings! 

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I gotta say that the women in my family all Loved Elvis, so I grew up watching all his movies and listening to his music.  In fact, when Walt, my Daughter Christa and I flew back to Memphis to visit with our Cousins, we just had to go tour Elvis's home, Graceland!  If you haven't been through it, it is a must see.  It is an eye opener to see how horrible his taste in furnishings were!  But a lot to see, none the less.  We enjoyed it and would go see it again!

Anyway, not much else to say tonight, I have to get back to work.  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

8 comments:

THE DASH! said...

lol Ooops.. how amazing having seen Elvis though! That would have been awesome!

Gen said...

Wow! That is really something. How many people can say they saw Elvis in concert?

Debi said...

Thanks guys! Yes, he was pretty awesome!

Theresa said...

Debi, I'm old enough to have seen Elvis as well, I was about 9 when I saw him, sadly he was on his way to the "fat" Elvis, but Elvis none-the-less. I still remember the grown women acting like smitten teenagers crying and carrying on. My Godmother and I went to see him, that same year I also saw The Lawrence Welk Show in concert with my mom, talk about two extremes.

Girl Bandit said...

Wow...Elvis. My first band was the Police...Elvis wins hands down

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

I love ELVIS! I grew up watching movies also b/c my mom loved him too. What a handsome man. I've also toured his home in Graceland - and you're so right! I also was struck by how small the house was. I know it was big for the time - but by today's standards its tiny! Thanks for the comment on my blog - I really appreciate it! My first concert was Duran Duran! LOLOLOL! My favorite 80's band!

Band-Babe said...

Hey... I loved your 100!

Debi said...

Thanks everyone!!

RC, yes! We also thought that the house was small! But we figured that for the times, it wasn't that small, by today's standards it is just a bit larger than a standard home. Also, they had much more property then too. Most of it has been sold off!

Thanks Band Babe!