Friday, March 12, 2010

Hospital Update

 A photo of my current painting.  I am still in the process of painting the Mountains!

I am striving for a more 3 dimensional look to the Mountains this time!!

Hey Ya'll,

Well, Walt and I was at the Hospital until about 1:45 this morning and didn't get home until about 2:15 am.  We wanted to make sure my Mom was doing ok and in a room before we left.  My daughter Christa opted to stay the night with her so she wouldn't be alone.  Walt went over at about 7:30 this morning and stayed until my Dad could get there. 

After her laying in severe pain for HOURS on a Hospital Gurney, she was finally admitted to the Hospital and taken to her room where she got to lay on a somewhat more comfortable Hospital Bed!!  She has a really bad back due to Osteoarthritis of the Spine.  She was advised to have Back Surgery many years ago and didn't.  Now she wishes she did, as now the Spine is too damaged to do Surgery, so she has to live with the constant severe pain. 

After several tests, which included X-Rays, a CT Scan and lab work last night, we were told that she did have a Blood Clot in her left Leg which traveled up and is now in her Lungs.  She also has Congestive Heart Failure.  They started giving her shots to thin out her blood, hoping to get rid of the Blood Clots.  Because of this, she has to stay in the Hospital until at least tomorrow, but she may not get out until Monday as she has to have the Blood Thinner Shots for about 4-5 days as the pill form won't take effect until then.

They keep taking Blood samples and will be doing an Ultrasound of her Leg today to try to see if she still has any more Blood Clots, etc.  But the good news is that she is now in stable condition.  The Doctor is hoping that by thinning the Blood, if she has anymore Blood Clots, they will be dissolved as other Blood Clots may not pass through as easily and could cause, many problems, including Death.  So please keep you fingers crossed that the thinning of the Blood will do the trick!

Update: Christa just called and let me know that my Mom didn't sleep last night at all, as she had to turn or change position about every 15 minutes.  So Christa had to help her and to move the pillows for her.  Which means that Christa didn't get any sleep either!  And Christa said that she will stay tonight with her as well.  Christa is like that, she stayed all night with me when I had my Spinal Surgery too!  She is an Angel here on Earth!!

My Niece Cara has Pre-Eclampsia and was admitted to the Hospital last night as well!  Her Doctor wants her to deliver within 48 hours so she is monitoring Cara closely.  She is hoping Cara will be able to deliver the baby without having to do a C-Section.  Cara's due date is only 3 weeks away, so they are not concerned about the Baby being born too early, thank goodness!

Last night, they gave her some medicine through the Vagina trying to soften the Uterine wall, to help bring on Labor naturally (or something like that)??  Unfortunately that didn't work, so this morning they started her with an IV drip of Pitocin.  If this doesn't work fast enough, then the Doctor may have to do a C-Section tomorrow.  Of course, if her Blood Pressure, etc continues to rise, then the C-Section may become the only choice.  I will keep you updated of course.

Update:  Christa went to see Cara this morning before she left the Hospital, and Cara's water had broke at 6:30 this morning.  She was beginning to Dilate, but not fast enough, so they started her on an IV with Pitocin.  She is really hoping to deliver her Baby before Midnight, as she doesn't want to have the Baby on the 13th!!  She was born on the 13th and just doesn't want that date for her Son as well.  LOL

So other than that, all is the same here!  I go back up to Reno next week on the 17th, for my 4th Fill.  I know that this time she will only give me .5 cc's at the most as they don't want to cause me to be overfilled!!  This Fill will give me 5.5 cc's in a 10 cc Band.  At this point, they want to creep up on the Sweet Spot from here on in.  Which I figure is a good thing.  So I will not be begging for a bigger Fill this time. 

It is raining like Cats and Dogs right now and snowing up in the Sierra's which is a good thing.  California needs the water, we have been in a drought for about 3 years.  So I am not one of those that is cursing the rain!

Well, I better go for now, I will keep you posted on their condition.  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :) 

11 comments:

Jen said...

My thoughts are with you and your family Debi!

Dinnerland said...

Debi-- I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and wish everyone lots of health and comfort.
Vanessa

Jenny said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up! Hope mom gets to go home soon and baby arrives tonight!!

Sandy said...

So glad you gave us an update. The hospital is the best place to be for your mom and niece. Soon there will be a new baby to keep your mom happy. Good thing they caught the blood clot early and are treating it. It is really serious so I am hoping it will resolve soon. I hate to tell you this, but my dad died from a blood clot to his lungs, so she is really lucky that they caught it early and can treat her. Don't let her tell you she it ok--make her listen to her doctors. She'll be fine if she follows what they say. Good luck on the new life coming into this world. New babies are such a wonder and so sweet. Thank god your mom will be there to share the wonder and excitement (even if she is in pain from her back). Sorry this is so long but I really do care about my blogger friends. You have had a rough ride for the last while so hoping all will be positive from here on in.

Debi said...

Thanks everyone!

And Sandy, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Dad! I do know that this is very serious and yes, she does tend to want to blow it off so we won't worry. I know that she is worried too, but won't admit it!

LDswims said...

You and your family are in my prayers! I hope yuor niece delivers safely, soon, and that the baby is healthy and her blood pressure returns to normal quickly. Thank you for the update!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'll keep your family in my prayers. Beautiful painting btw.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing your art. I'll be thinking about you and your famiy, hoping all turns out well. Take care.

Debi said...

Thank you everyone!

Lap Band Gal said...

Your art is beautiful! Keep us updated on your family

Debi said...

Thanks LBG!!