Monday, March 8, 2010

What The HAIL? !!

 
A quick look at my newest painting.


Another look, now remember this is only a few painting sessions into the painting!!

Hey Ya'll,

Just a quick post to say Hi!  I am still here even though I am not posting as much lately, nor making comments as much on others blogs.  I thought that I would post a couple of photos of my current painting.  It's a 2ft x 4ft painting, and I have to have it sitting across 2 easels!  I am used to painting on a canvas small enough, that I can hold and maneuver as necessary.  Whether it is to just turn it on a different side or to actually hold it.  So this painting is a bit tougher for me, as I can't turn it, etc as needed.  But I am hoping for the best!

Don't worry Aggie, I am still working on your painting as well!!  But I have to let it dry somewhat between sessions, which is why I usually take turns working on each painting.  

Now for the meaning behind my post Title.  We couldn't believe it.  It was about 54 degrees outside and it HAILED several times today!  We could see the sun and yet it Hailed!!  What a weird day.  Anyway, till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

7 comments:

Tina said...

After a beautiful spring day yesterday while I planted my peas and potatoes it SNOWED tonight...that, and your hail is just WRONG.

Thanks again for the award..I will get it up soon I promise :) My strategy is to wait long enough then everyone will already have it and I can go get the links for whoever is left more quickly and not have to choose from too many good ones too.

Debi said...

That's funny! But I do understand! It is so hard to chose just a few!

I thought it was just about Spring? What happened?

THE DASH! said...

Hi Deb,
I wish we lived closer too! I've thought that quite a few times - I think we would be great friends! Shame that we can only carry on the friendship this way but hey, at least its something. I still get to talk to you, and you me, even if its just through a short message.
Actually 2nd thoughts .. doh to me.. email me if you get the chance, just say hi... I would love it xx
carolyn511@westnet.com.au
PS Love the start of your new painting. The blue is so beautiful!

Bonnie said...

All this weird weather is freaking me out! Should I build an ark or what?

Debi said...

Thanks Cara!! I will e-mail you soon! And I love the blue too, but I am not sure if it will work in this painting or not! I may have to change it up a bit. Will know later on.

I hear you Bonnie!! We had hail where we live and my daughter Christa ran into snow in the foothills while driving around yesterday!! Really freaky!

LDswims said...

Your paintings are absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see how this one turns out - you really have an eye for the details!

Hail in Cali? Odd. Interestingly enough, living in Texas where we got a good thunderstorm once a week, I have yet to experience hail here. I've been here almost ten years now. My only hail experiences were back in SoCal.

Gotta love El Nino...

Debi said...

You said it! We actually had such a bad storm season about 12 yrs ago that we had several days of huge pelting hail, which caused so much hail damage, that the local, new car dealerships were offering thousands of dollars off the cost of the vehicles to sell them as is, with the hail damage!!