Saturday, April 30, 2011

Drum Roll Please!! A New Low!!


Oh....If Only I Looked THIS COOL On Our Bike!!!  LOL

Hey Ya'll,

First off, I want to say that I have a new all time low in my weight, since I began my Weight Loss Journey!!  Imagine me jumping up and down here!!  LOL  I now weigh, drum roll please.....169.6!!  Yes, I finally dropped into the land of 160's!  Let's hope that I don't sabotage myself now, and that I continue to lose!

Tomorrow, we will be going out for a Bike ride.  This is so that I can get at least one more day of riding under my belt, before we move up to Reno.  If you have been reading my blog, then you know that we are moving up into Reno, and that Walt will be driving the Truck and towing the RV, while I will be riding the Gold Wing, and towing the Bike Trailer!!  This is going to be scary for me, as I have virtually little to no experience riding in traffic!

I grew up riding dirt bikes, but riding in dirt with no traffic is a totally different kind of riding.  So my Motorcycle Training Course last year, which was done in the parking lot of our local Jr College, and my riding a couple of weeks ago outside of town....well, that is all!!  And that means that 2 weeks ago, was the only time that I have actually ridden the Bike out on the street, and it was in very light traffic!!  IE, no signals involved, etc.  And because it was out in the a small town East of Carson City, I could actually pull over if traffic was coming so that I could let them pass.  Which is what I did at first, until I started to get a bit more confidence. 

Walt seems to think that I can just hop on the Bike tomorrow (with him on the back I might add)....and pop out into major traffic!!  Oh, and did I tell you that we are currently living on a major Highway???  So this would not be my first choice.  I would prefer that Walt drove us to where ever he wanted me to ride from....and hopefully, that wouldn't be in a congested area.  At least not to start!!  LOL  Then hope and pray that we are still talking to one another when we get home!!  His past behavior has proven that he isn't the best, at trying to teach!  Unfortunately his patience isn't the best.  I will advise how the lesson went tomorrow!!  LOL  And hopefully I WILL actually be Laughing Out Loud!!

The main thing is that we just need to get me used to being out in traffic.  I will be following him towing the RV, so he will not be driving fast, nor doing anything stupid.  So it will be a lot less stressful following him next week, than what it will be out riding tomorrow....knowing that I will have him to use as an excuse for not riding too fast, etc.  I am not used to downshifting going into a turn, etc.  Especially in traffic. 

And trust me, riding the Trike is much harder than riding a normal Motorcycle!!  Except that you don't have to worry about balance (this part I love).  The Trike turns more like a car (which you would think would be easy).  But because of this, you can't lean into the turn like on a traditional Bike.  Also because of this, and the fact that the Bike weighs almost 1000 lbs, it turns like a tank!!  So if I were to continue to ride it, I would probably become very well built across the Shoulder's and Upper Arms!!  LOL 

Plus, I have relatively small feet.  I wear a size 6.5-7 shoe.  So riding the Bike, after I have been riding at a higher gear, where I haven't had to slow down, etc, where I have my feet in a more comfortable position on the foot pegs, I have to look down to make sure that I move my left foot where it will be under the shifter when I am getting ready to eight come to a stop, or I will need to start slowing down!!  A man never has to worry about things like this!!  Let's face it, this Bike was not designed for a Woman to ride it.  But it is fun to have people look at you funny when they realize that you are in fact, a Woman riding it and not a small Man!!

Well, I have blabbed about just about nothing tonight, so if you are still hanging in here....thanks!!  I will post tomorrow about my FUN!!  Till next time....

Aloha My Friends  :)

6 comments:

Kiwigirl said...

Congrats on getting into the 160s! The trike sounds like hard work - but I bet it's fun!

Debi said...

Thanks Kiwigirl!!

Yes, the Bike is fun, but also hard to turn!!

Sheila said...

Woo hoo! The 160's...awesome!! You are right about a dirt bike and a street bike being so different! Best of luck with the move and the motorcycle driving.

Cat said...

Congratulations on the 160s!

Kathy said...

Sounds pretty scary to me Debi. I will say a prayer that all goes well for you. Congrats on getting into the 160's. That is so awesome!!

Debi said...

Sheila, thanks!! And yes, the difference is really significant!!

Cat, THANKS!!

Fitby40 (Rhonda), yes, it sounds like it was a Funeral since you had to wait until they all passed. And although I am terrified of riding this HUGE Bike by myself, I actually LOVE riding on the back of it!!

Kathy, it is only scary if I am the driver!! On the back, I feel fine!! And Thanks!