Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Upper GI Here I Come!! UGH!!
Well, as I said late last night....or should I say....extra early this morning. I decided to send an e-mail to Laurie at my Surgeon's office, describing what I have been experiencing. When I woke up this morning, I already had 2 missed calls! One from Laurie, and the other from the Surgery scheduler, for the Doctor's at the Bariatric Institute.
Laurie had apparently advised my Surgeon, of my symptoms first thing this morning, and they decided to set me up for an Upper GI to be done TODAY, and then for me to see the Surgeon right after the test, to review the test results with me!! Well, this just wasn't going to happen....Not TODAY, at any rate! You have to remember that Walt is in Sacramento with the rental car, since our Truck is in the shop being repaired after Walt's accident.
I have the Motorcycle here, but I have only ridden it once (months ago before Winter), and never out in traffic! I don't even remember how to start it, without Walt here to tell me how to! Plus, it is still hooked up to the Bike Trailer. So even if I were so inclined to ride it, I would prefer not to with the Trailer attached, until I am more comfortable with it!! We have been planning on going out in the middle of nowhere, so that I can get used to riding it. But because of the weather we have been having, we haven't been able to as yet. So I am stuck here in the good ole RV, with no transportation! And remember, my Surgeon is in Reno, and I am still in Carson City, as we haven't actually moved to Reno yet. It is about 41.5 miles to the Surgeons office from here, and I am not about to try to walk it!! LOL
So I had to start making phone calls as soon as I got up, to get the Upper GI and appointment with the Doctor rescheduled, for when Walt would be here so I would have transportation to Reno. I was a bit frantic, as I was trying to get the appointments rescheduled for THIS week, as we will both be in Sacramento next week, and I wanted to get it over with, and not have to wait another 2 weeks to do this! Luckily, I was able to reschedule the Upper GI for this Thursday at 10 am, with a 9:30 check in.
Unfortunately, since this is the day that Walt is going to take his CDL Exam (in Reno), he has to be at the Trucking School at 6 am, (in the friggin morning)!!! So I might as well just stay up all night, as I will need to take a shower before we leave. Which means that I would have to get up no later than 4 am anyway!! So I will ride in to Reno with Walt, and stay in the Car until about 8:30, while he practices in the Truck before his Exam time at the DMV. Then I will leave and drive to the Medical office, arriving a little early, so that I can get a good parking place.
Since Walt's DMV Exam could possibly last until 3:30 in the afternoon (assuming he passes each section of the test along the way), I don't want to drive back and sit in the car all those hours. So after my Upper GI, I will probably stay at the Medical Building (luckily they have chairs and sofas that I can sit on more comfortably (not to mention clean restrooms) while I wait for Walt's call, letting me know that he is done. OR, I could take a short nap in the car.....hey, I like that idea! Then I will drive back and pick him up. Hopefully he will be in a really good mood from passing his Exam the 1st time, and we can go eat an early dinner on our way home!! In fact, come to think of it, I will have to eat a little something after my Upper GI, as I will have been fasting from the night before. And I don't want to wait until that late to eat something. So I will have to find something to tide me over......hummmm.
And then, get this......I have to get up no later than 6 am the very next day (Friday) to make it back to Reno, for my appointment with Dr Kozar, my Surgeon, to go over the test results!! If things don't look very good, then I am assuming that they will remove at least some if not all of the fluid in my Band. If all looks ok, then I guess I am free to go eat, and return on the 22nd for my next scheduled Fill. If not, then I guess we will be discussing what is the problem, and what my options are.
I am fairly certain that they will NOT find anything bad (or at least I am hoping this is the case), and that they will maybe give me some stronger medication to take, to help with the Acid Reflux (other than just the double dose of the Prilosec OTC that I have been taking plus the Extra Strength Tums), and have me go back on either a total bland diet for awhile. Or liquid diet, then bland......working back up to a normal diet, well....you get the picture.
I am truly hoping that I have not waited too long, and that I have not caused myself serious grief like Kathy - My New Beginnings, has had to endure. I know that she has been on pins and needles waiting for her 6 month check up, to find out if she has healed enough, to not have to lose her Band....Please check out her Blog, and give her some support! Her 6 month retest is on May 3rd. This is something that could happen to any of us!! So we need to be there for each other.....
And because I have my appointment with the Doctor on Friday morning, I have to call in tomorrow and reschedule our Optometrist Appointment AGAIN!! This is at least the 3rd or 4th time it will have had to be rescheduled! I am fairly certain that they think we will NEVER make it to an appointment!! LOL We have been trying to get in, since the 1st of the year! But everytime it comes close to our scheduled appointment, Walt can't be here, and I have no transportation, or something like this.....so we REALLY need to have our eyes examined. Especially since we didn't have a checkup last year, and we both feel that our RX's has changed. Hopefully we won't have to wait longer than another 2 weeks to get back in. Especially since we need back to back appointments, which makes it harder to get in on a Friday without going out 2-4 weeks for the next available appointments.
Well, I guess that I will go for now, it is getting late and I should be getting to bed....till next time....
Aloha My Friends :)