Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Woo Hoo!! I Get To Order It!! And I Have 150 Follower's!!!

Butterfly of Magic

Hey Ya'll,

First off, I want to say thanks to Drazil for letting me know that her dropping my blog as a Follower was in error.  I totally understand.  In fact, I am wondering if it is Blogger that is doing it sometimes, as I have noticed some problems with Blogger lately.  So thanks for Re-Following me Drazil!!!  You made my day  :)  Secondly, I have 150 Followers!!  I feel like..."you like me, you really like me"!!  LOL :)

Now, back to the real world, Walt finally gave me the go ahead to order my Kindle DX today!!!  I can't wait!!  Then I just have to start purchasing my books for it.  I love to read, and I am planning on reading more in the future.  I used to read a book a week, but lately I only read during Vacations, etc, so it can take me a year or two to finish one of Diana Gabaldon's (900+ page) books!! 

My favorite Authors are Diana Gabaldon, Bertrice Small, Margaret George, Philippa Gregory, Jean Plaidy and Alison Weir.  Although I have just begun to read books by Michele Sinclair and Karen Marie Moning among many others as well.  If you haven't noticed a pattern here, I love to read stories about real characters in History, Highlander's, Scotland and Vampires! 

My favorite types of books are Historical Fiction, Historical, Biographical, Historical Time Travel, some Horror and Sci Fi (like Twilight Series, etc), among others.  However, I mostly read books set in the 1000AD-1799AD time period.  Yes, I know, I am a snob about it.  But I rarely read anything set in Contemporary times.  And that means anything set from 1800AD-forward!  So here is to my new Kindle DX, and my new passion for reading!!  So...till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)

8 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Hey Deb,
I love Dianne Gabaldon too.. Jamie is my kind of hero. I mostly read crime fiction so I don't know the others, but I will keep an eye out now. Thanks for sharing your reading list.
Cara xx

CC said...

i saw an article on aol about barnes & noble offering free e-books, there were a ton of them, all classics....just thought i'd share! :-)

Unknown said...

150 followers! That is pretty sweet! And a kindle... so exciting. I love reading too. My husband laughs at me because as he says "I love any book with a dragon on the cover" I love all kind of books but I do love a good fantasy book. : ) Have fun reading on your kindle. So cool.

Ashley said...

I love historical fiction, but I am a Civil War/Westward expansion era fan. I love to read on my iPad. I have read SO much more since I got it!

CHRISTINE said...

HAPPY READING

Jen said...

You will LOVE your Kindle!!! I got one about a month ago and have read a ton since getting it. It is super easy to buy the books as well!!! ENJOY!

Sandy said...

Glad you get the Kindle. I've been thinking of getting one too. I did download some books onto the computer but I find it too hard to get comfy with the computer. I think the Kindle would be just right. A lady at my doctor's office yesterday had one and I got thinking about you. That is so funny the Drazil dropped you-I'll have to give her sh!t. I've noticed I've somehow unfollowed a couple of people and until they comment didn't even know it. Not sure how that happens. I do unfollow people who haven't blogged in a long time. Maybe my mistake. If you ever notice me gone from your blog, let me know as I would never unfollow you!

Debi said...

Cara, I know, isn't Jaime the best? I LOVE him, if only we could all have a Jaime!! They keep buying the rights to "Outlander" in hopes to make it into a Movie, so maybe someday, it will be!!

Carmen, thanks for the info, I looked into it for Kindle and they have then too!! So I have already downloaded at least 8 free books! And one of them was one I was intending to buy anyway!

Hey, that's funny because I used to buy anything with a Pirate on the cover!! But I lost Drazil again, so my 150 count is back down. :(

Ashley, I used to read the Westward expansion Historical books too, but my first love is European Historical, especially England, Scotland, Ireland, France, and Germany.

Christine, thanks!! The more I read, the less I will eat (hopefully)!

Jen, I am so glad to hear that someone else has one and loves it!

Sandy Lee, that is sweet that you thought of me when you saw that other patient reading on an eReader!! As for Drazil, I don't know what is happening, but she dropped off again!! So now I am back to 149 Follower's!! I guess that my Computer or Blogger, doesn't want me to reach 150!!