Monday, February 1, 2010

It Was Bound To Happen Eventually!!!

 
Have you ever had one of those days?  Of course you have!!
Hey Ya'll,

Sorry to take so long since my last post.  But with so much going on, and sooo many hoops to have to jump through for a while, I feel really stressed and over loaded.  I have so many things to accomplish, that I feel like I am running around in circles and not getting anything done!!

Anyhoo, I want to tell you about my recent horrible experience!!  As you all know, if you have been reading my blog, we just had my FIL'S Memorial on Friday.  But we had so much food left over!  We of course took it home to eat on.  So Saturday night, I had some of the Chicken to eat.  Unfortunately, I chose some of the worst pieces for a Bandster to eat!  Some of the pieces were fine.  They were from the center of the Chicken & more juicy.  But the other pieces (these were all small pieces), were from the edge of it, where you get the seasoning, hence more flavor.  But it is also the driest area!

After eating them, I realized that I had made a mistake & shouldn't have eaten them!  I was stuck!!!  It hurt.....a lot.  Then I thought that it was going to pass through.  It kind of went back & forth, until finally, it went through!!!  So I thought I was safe!

Then, later on that night (remember that I am up really late every night), I got hungry again.  I remembered that there was One Donut Left, from Friday morning!  I couldn't resist it!  I figured, it would go down easy, like a slider food.  Right?  I WAS WRONG!!!

TMI ALERT!!!  Don't read if you get nauseous easily!! 

Again.....I was stuck!!  But in the past, I was always able to pass it through.  So I elongated my body trying to stretch out my Esophagus so it could slide down easier (thus getting rid of the pain in my chest) & hopefully pass through the Band into my lower Stomach!  Usually this works, but this time....it wasn't.  Then I thought, maybe if I could bring it back up?  I have read on others blogs that if they could bring it up, it was a great relief.
Luckily, my plate was still sitting on my desk next to me.  I leaned over it & opened my mouth & out came a few pieces of the donut with a lot of clear slimy gunk!  Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it!!  It was clear liquid, but kind of slimy!  So I went into the bathroom thinking that maybe I could bring up some more.  I was blowing my nose like crazy & I spit out some more gunk in the sink, but not too much more.  I kept doing this until I finally began to burp!  Once the burping began, I knew that I wouldn't be expelling any more gunk & it was going to pass through!!!  

So I guess you could say that I have had my FIRST PB EPISODE!!  What an accomplishment!  I am glad to have finally experienced it, yet I am hopeful that I will never have to experience it again!!!  Of course, this is wishful thinking and I KNOW that it WILL happen again!!  It is inevitable!!  But I can do my best to not let it happen again.  And luckily for me, it was a relatively easy PB compared to some of the others I have read about!  Mine only lasted about 10-15 minutes, whereas, others I have read about lasted hours!!!

So, yesterday was Walt's 55th Birthday.  Our Daughter Kat & her Husband Elliott took us to dinner at the Claim Jumper restaurant.  The dinner was excellent.  But it was sooo much food!  I only ate about 1/3 of my meal.  So I have food for lunch & dinner tonight!  Then we came home & our other Daughter Christa & her Husband Mark & our adorable Grand Kids, Walker & Emily came over with Walt's Birthday present & a home made cake!!  We knew they were bringing a cake, so we stopped at the store & bought some ice cream to go with it.  So because of this, we had a really high calorie day yesterday!  I haven't even stepped on the scale, I am sure that it is up, not down!!

Well, I better go for now, I need to go to the store.  I am out of my Sugar Free Kool Aid!!  This is my water intake, so I have to go.  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)



12 comments:

Dinnerland said...

I guess you're officially inducted into 'banster-ville!' I am NOT inducted but from what I can tell, it happens sooner or later to everyone.
I did read from Jennyr that my surgeon's office recommends a liquid diet for a day after PB to help take down inflammation... but your doc may want you to do nothing or something different.
Just thought I would share...

Debi said...

Thanks Vanessa! Yes, my Doctor says a liquid diet or at least mushies for 24 hours after a PB too.

I didn't do this exactly. What I did was to wait until about noon to eat. Then I ate some chicken (the moist chicken) & some home made macaroni salad (Walt made it).

But I ate the chicken VERY SLOWLY. It took me about an hour to eat it & it didn't get stuck. Then for dinner, I made sure to eat slowly & chewed it very well. No problems, thank god!

Jen said...

What an induction to bandster-land! Glad you got through it relatively quickly and you are all recovered!

Lap Band Groupie said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of PB's. Depends on how bad the PB/stuck was...sometimes I don't need to go back on liquids if it was quick/didn't cause much swelling, other times I do...I always take it slow after.

Debi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gen said...

Sorry Debi - I was right there with you last night with the sliming/PB - in fact mine sounded just like yours! Learned my lesson! Hope you feel better now.

Debi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi said...

Awe Gen! So sorry to hear it! I know it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience for me, so I am sure it wasn't for you either!!! Hope you feel better too!!

Debi said...

Sorry guys, I deleted the original directions to both 2010's New Life 4 Me!! And to Jordan, Fat Bastard Banded so that I could combine them.

This is a very long explanation/set of instructions for, "2010's New Life 4 Me!!!".

She was asking how to set it up so that she can tell when a blog she is Following has posted a new post, so she can go read it.

So I am going to attempt to give some semi understandable directions!! At least this is the way that I do it!! If someone else has a faster way, then please let me know too!!! LOL


This section is on how to Follow someone:

1. When you are on the main page of the blog that you want to Follow. Highlight their URL address, right click on it & click COPY.

2. On Your main page at the top, click on Customize, then Add A Gadget.

3. Add the Gadget called, Follower's.

4. Once the Gadget is installed, go to Your Home page, click on View My Complete Profile or Your Profile if you don't have it setup as a Gadget yet.

5. Scroll down to and click on, Manage Blogs I Follow.

6. Then scroll down to and click on, Add.

7. Highlight URL Space & right click to Paste the URL of the blog to Follow.

8. Then click on Next, then Follow.

This should have you now Following this person on their blog as well as showing up in your blog as one's you Follow.


Now, to set it up so that the blogs you are Following shows on Your main blog page, and enables you to be able see when they have posted a new post, do this:

1. On Your Main page, go to the top and click on Customize.

2. Click on Add A Gadget.

3. Add the Gadget called, Blog List.


Once it is installed, to Add blogs so that they show up on your main page, enabling you to be able to see when they have a new posting:

1. Go to your Main page, click on Customize.

2. Click on Edit Blog List (or whatever you have named it).

3. Click on Add to List.

4. Add the URL of the new Blog you want to show on your Main page.

6. Click Add, then Save.

Go to your Main page & refresh. This should now be seen on your Main page. This way you can just click on the blog you want to see.

I hope this didn't come off as too complicated! It really isn't complicated, just a lot of steps to follow! Let me know if you tried this, but wasn't able to follow the instructions & need further help!

This is to Jordan: Fat Bastard Banded,

As well as the above directions, if you still are not able to get your photo to show up when you start Following someone the way I described. Please let me know & I can try to help you with this as well.

Try Following someone new like, "The Dash" or "A Brand New Roo" (they are both fantastic gals) after you have set all this up to see if it worked!!

Debi said...

Thanks Jennifer & BG, and yes, it was a relatively short PB session, so I didn't have a problem with swelling!!

Girl Bandit said...

Welcome to the world of PB's..yuck isn't it. Sounds like Walt had a nice birthday

Debi said...

Thanks GB! Yes, it wasn't exactly something I would like to experience again!! Walt had a nice Birthday, thank you.