Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Girls Have Dropped!!!

 
Nooooooooo!!!!!


Hey Y'all,

Well the first thing I want to say is that I got my letter from the Radiologist regarding my Mammogram/Ultrasound and......it's NORMAL!!  Yea!!  So I guess that Vanessa and Band Groupie was right!!  Since they switched to the new/better equipment, they wanted to make sure they got good digital pics to compare with the past Mammograms, and for future reference regarding any changes!!

BUT!!  I was looking in the mirror the other day when I was getting ready to take my shower, and....I couldn't believe that the girls had completely dropped!!  Yikes!  I see these pictures, usually comic style, of women whose boobs have lost all muscle tone holding them up, so they just sort of hang loose, like a flat pancake against their abdomen!  

Who knows, maybe all the Mammograms I have had through the last 36 yrs, have helped to lose the muscle tone.  I am sure that the Mammograms didn't help since they flatten your boobs out like pancakes for the images!!  I used to dream of losing enough weight so that I lost a good portion of my chest size.  Then once my weight was lost, having Surgery to further reduce the breast size to a 36B or 36C, AND a breast lift so that they didn't lay flat anymore!!!

Is this asking too much?

Oh well, I know that this is a fact of life, especially if you are big breasted AND overweight!  It's just that some women have enough money to be able to afford the necessary Surgery to correct this problem, and most of us don't!  Too bad that Insurance doesn't cover this.  But unfortunately, they consider this elective Surgery and not Medically necessary.

So ends this post.  Sorry for being Debi downer today.  Those of us who are older and bigger breasted, understand what I am experiencing.  For those of you younger women, it's good that you are losing the extra weight now.  Hopefully, it will prevent you from having to go through this later on!!  So, till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :)




11 comments:

Jen said...

Don't worry, your girls and my girls can be good friends. It sounds like they are both in the same hemisphere.

Gen said...

LOL I am right there with you. That is where the VS super push up bras come in. And hopefully, one day, a breast lift!

Sandy said...

So happy the mammogram was negative. I just started having them at 50 but oh they squish them flat. I had a breast reduction 10 years ago (my millenium boobs) but it was medically necessary so was covered by our health system. I was having back pain and all. They had been sagging since after my kids so the lift was amazing. They aren't as perky anymore but again, that is what a good bra is for. Thanks for also nominating our little Banderific Beauty. Her post was heartbreaking. I want to give her a big hug.

Nikki said...

:( I totally understand the droopy boobie syndrome...I have had it for many years...due to the size of them...I wish I was lucky to have perky boobies...but I haven't had those since like 5th or 6th grade...Bras do amazing things, I'll tell ya that!!

I am hoping that I do lose a little of them thru this weight loss, but I hear that some people lose NOTHING from their chest area....which would be okay too...because of the size, I qualify for the insurance funded reduction/lift....

LOL...now that I am done yapping bout my boobies...LOL...

I dunno if you read the comment i made on my blog after your comment, so I will add this to yours too!!

I have decided that with my goals, it is going to be pounds lost since surgery...It was kinda cool to have you point out that I am almost @ 30LBS...cuz wow...thats alot! :)

xoxox,
Nikki

Linda said...

Good news! Mine have dropped and only look good in a good industrial strength bra.

Bonnie said...

From someone who has wished for boobs, it's hard to feel sympathy. But since you are my friend, I will muster some up. Ready for it...it's coming...I know I've got it somewhere...nope. : ) I'm just kidding. : )

Debi said...

Thanks guys!! Bonnie, I wish that I could give you some of mine!! I was one of those girls that needed to wear a bra by 5th or 6th grade!!

And the added weight only made them that much bigger!! I have been wanting to lose them for at least 20 years!

Lap Band Groupie said...

If you're handing out boobies, pass some over...at least you have something to put in that Panini sandwich machine! They're always apologizing for having to yank me into there as I have nothing to give...now if they could have just grabbed one of the fat rolls....

So glad everything was good! I always sweat it out too!

Debi said...

Thanks BG!! I wish it were that easy to choose to give someone else part of your extra! I used to joke with my Girl Friend from Southern Cal that if she would pay for the Surgery, I would give her some of mine!!

Girl Bandit said...

Great news on the mammogram and I love your new background

Debi said...

Thanks GB!