Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hello To 2010!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Hey Ya'll, what do you think of my new look?  Alas, I decided it was time to get rid of the Christmas theme!!





This is how I feel right now!!  Especially since I just spent the last 3 days in a marathon spree to finish our taxes!!  I finally finished them at 4:30 this morning!  I was in bed by 4:50 & asleep sometime after 5:00 am.  I begged my DH to let me sleep until at least noon today & he did just that.  By about 5 minutes!  He woke me at 12:05 pm.  LOL  But he did let me sleep.  Now, I just have to wait until we receive the end of the year information, to see if I need to update some of the figures.  I am fairly certain that most of the figures I provided to our CPA are correct.

Now, for the sad news.  My FIL is getting worse.  He is back in the Hospital with severe Jaundice.  His Cirrhosis of the Liver is getting worse.  The Nurses at the Rest Home found him wandering the halls in a daze & Jaundiced, so they rushed him back to the Hospital.  He has since gone downhill again even further.  He can barely communicate with you.  But they believe that he still knows who you are, at least most of the time.

My DH & his sisters were trying to get the Doctor to gives us a ballpark figure of how long he believes that my FIL has left, but he refuses.  He stated that he has seen many patients go back & forth between the Hospital & the Rest Home many times, due to the fact that when they go into the Hospital, the drugs, blood transfusions & such, perks them back up.  He could go tomorrow, or several months from now.

Today, two of my SIL's was with my MIL at the Hospital in Carson City, NV, & they persuaded my MIL to change his status from using extreme measures to save him, to the status of DNR.  The family feels that at this point, it is cruel to keep him alive beyond reasonable measures.  He has almost died several times, but the prior Resuscitate order, would bring him back.

He has lived in constant Neurological pain for years & can no longer move on his own.  He wants to go home to die, but the Doctor will not release him to go home, as he cannot take care of himself & he would only fall again & further hurt himself, as well as my MIL, who would be trying to help him walk to the bathroom & back to the bed.  My FIL is 85 years old & my MIL is 80.  We were trying to get him Home Hospice Care, but unless the Doctor will give the information that he has 6 months or less to live, they will not cover Home Hospice Care.  So our hands are kind of tied, & unfortunately we cannot afford to pay for it ourselves.

Tomorrow, I will find out if we will be driving back to Nevada to see my FIL this week.  My DH will talk with his sister's & mom again, & determine if they think that it would be a good thing to go back up.  But if he is doing better, we may wait for a while, since we were just up there last weekend.  I will post more on this tomorrow when I know more of what is happening.

Well ya'll, I hate to leave this post on a downer, but I will get off for now.  I hope that everyone had a fantastic time New Years Eve & continues to have the best year of your lives!  Till next time.

Aloha My Friends  :) 

8 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Hey Debi,

Love the new look blog - very pretty!

Sad news about your FIL.. I guess all they can do is keep him as comfortable as possible until he decides it's time to go. Horrible :(

x

Debi said...

Thanks Cara!! I just posted a bit of information on your last post regarding the time differences.

THE DASH! said...

Thanks Debi lol
I got your time differences .. am writing it down now. Appreciate you getting it to me :)

uh said...

I am so Sorry about your FIL, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Dinnerland said...

Love the new look.... very 'aloha'-- sorry about your FIL, I hope that things will be peaceful and better soon... Vanessa

Debi said...

Thank you everyone. We are very concerned, but we believe that it is time the he allows himself to go.

Nessa said...

Tough situation with FIL. I've been through something similar. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Debi said...

Thanks Nessa, it appears that he isn't doing worse, so we will be traveling tomorrow to see him hopefully before he passes.