Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thank You Gen and Robyn

Thanks for your comments and well wishes for my Father-In-Law, he will need it.  And yes, my friends live in a beautiful location!  It is sooo quiet and peaceful there.  And the stars!  I wish we could see that many stars where we live, but not a chance! lol. 

As for the RMR test, Gen.  I had to lay on a chair/bed for about 7-10 mins to relax, then I had to plug up my nose with a plastic pincher and breath into a tube with my mouth for 10 mins.  Let me tell you, the nose pinch was painful!  I would have rather pinched it with my fingers, lol!  After the test, the technician came back in with a printout which showed my stats.

It didn't really give my number information to where I can understand it.  It showed a scale where slow was on the left and fast was on the right with normal in the center, with three sections between normal and each end of the scale.  My results were a bit closer to the first line on the slow side of the scale, meaning my Metabolism is a little slow of normal.  Anyway, I will list the actual number information in case you can find information that explains it to you.  I don't have a scanner or I would just scan the page and input it here! :)

Measured REE:............6.51 kJoule/day (1555 kcal/day)
Predicted REE:.............7.06 kJoule/day (1687 kcal/day)
Estimated TEE:............8.46 kJoule/day (2020 kcal/day)
V02:.............................226 ml/min (2.18ml/kg/min)
Fe02:............................15.28% expired oxygen
Minute Volume:...........6.05 Liters/min
Tidal Volume:..............492 ml
Respiratory Rate:........12.2 breaths/min
Test Duration:.............10.0 min

Note: Estimated TEE= 1.30xREE

So, what the hell is TEE? :)  I couldn't find anything that actually gave this information.  So, except for the pain from the nose pinch (maybe if I didn't have a big nose, it wouldn't have hurt so bad, lol), the test is painless. 

I hope this helped you!  Let me know if you have any other questions.  :)
Aloha Everyone :)

No comments: