Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hip Hip Hurray!

Hi Guys,

Well, yesterday I finally finished my pre-requisites for pre surgery approval!  Yea!  My RMR showed that I am a little below normal, meaning that my Metabolism is slower than the "average" female of my age, height and weight.  This also means that I have to take in fewer calories than the "average" woman, etc, in order to lose weight!  Ugh!

My 2nd test, the H Pylori came back negative, yea!!  So this means that I do not have the bacteria that "could" cause Ulcers.  So this is a really good thing.  :)

In my defense, let me say this, since I had to be fasting for the H Pylori test, I hadn't had anything to eat up to this point, (1 pm).  But my sweetheart of a husband, walked around the block to a Quizno's and bought us a sub sandwich.  So by the time I was out of my 2nd test, we were able to go into the room they were going to be holding the Steps 2 Success Class.

We proceeded to eat the sandwiches in front of the other, future Lap Banders in the room, waiting for the Class to begin!  I did feel strange eating a big sandwich in a room full of people, waiting to get information on Lap Band surgery, but, what the hay, I was starving by this time and getting a headache!  So I ate most of it and gave the rest to my husband!  So I was partially good! :)

Once we were out of the Class, we drove from Reno back up to Truckee to stay the night with our good friends Nadene and David at their home.  David barbecued some fantastic steaks for dinner!  The reason we didn't stay in Reno like we usually would have, is because they were having a huge Harley Davidson happening for the whole 3 days!  Let me tell you, we saw some gorgeous bikes!  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of them.

This morning, we left Truckee, and drove back through Reno and the huge throng of Motorcycles to go have lunch and spend the day with Walt's parents.  We just found out that his dad has Cirrhosis of the Liver!  :(  So we wanted to see them while we were that close.  They live about an hours drive South of Reno.  After our lunch we drove to their home and talked for a few more hours, then we turned around and drove back into and through Reno, heading home!!!  We were tired of driving this leg back and forth.  But we were glad to see everyone!  Keep good thoughts for my Father-In-Law, he really needs it right now.

So we finally arrived home about 8:30pm and we are exhausted!  But really glad to be back home.  So, on Monday, I will talk to my go to person at the Surgeon's office to see if my Upper GI results have been received.  If so, then they can send off to my Insurance for Surgery approval!  :)  Cross your fingers for me.  I am posting a few of the pictures I took while gone.






This is our friends, David and Nadene's house, isn't it beautiful and peaceful?











This is Nadene and Walt, isn't she the best?












This is blurry, I'm sorry, Walt needs to get new glasses I think!
















My sweetheart, what would I do without him?
















Can't you just imagine sitting out on this deck reading a great book?











This is Nadene and David, don't they make a cute couple?  We are really lucky to have friends like them.















And now the FOOD shot!  It was fantastic!












This is Walt and his dad.
















 
And Walt and his mom!













So this is the end of this post, hope everyone had a great weekend!  Till next time.

Aloha  :)

2 comments:

Gen said...

You are so great about taking pics!
Fun to see.

Sorry to hear about your father in law. Glad you got to visit with him though.

Now I have a question - how did they check your RMR? What test do they do? I would be interested to know this number ...I bet many of us are on the slow side.

Robyn said...

I'm glad to hear your appointment went well. I'm excited for you to get insurance approval! I finish up my pre-surgery prep on Friday, so my stuff will be sent to insurance then...keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm sorry to hear about your father in law, but like Gen mentioned, it's good that you got to visit with him. And your friend's house does look amazing. What I wouldn't give to live somewhere like that, where neighbors can't see your every move!