Friday, January 14, 2011

Since Walt Has Been Home, And Some Photo's

Hey Ya'll,

Well, I haven't posted in a couple of days except to welcome my newest Followers.  But as usual, we have been busy.  I knew that as soon as Walt got home, we would start running around doing the errands that we desperately needed to do!

But Wednesday after he got home, we just stayed in the RV together and did a bunch of nothing!  Yesterday, was another story though!  We had to go to the local DMV in order to Register our RV.  Luckily, when we got there, we didn't even have to wait to be helped at the front desk.  And only had to wait about 10 minutes to be helped with the Registration!!  There was no one there, we were sooo happy!

After we left the DMV, we went to the local Joann's Store, so that I could purchase some more yarn and stuffing.  As I am crocheting a Ballerina Bear and a long Scarf for my Mother In Laws Birthday which is this month.  I just hope the Bear turns out well and she likes them.  But I was so surprised at how small the store was.  The Joann's where we used to live was at least twice the size, if not more.  And their yarn selection was next to nothing!  So I guess in the future when I am starting a new project, I will have to go to Reno where I am sure their store is larger (at least I hope so)!

After that, we went to pick up our mail, and we had a ton of it to go through!  Then we also had to return some items to a couple of stores and purchase two new space heaters (one for the living room, the other for the bedroom).  Walt has not been happy with any of the ones we have tried so far!  PLUS, Walt took me to lunch.  We went to the local Applebee's and I had the Three-Cheese Chicken Penne.  It was good, but more than I needed.  In fact, Walt had some of it too, and I took the rest home.  I had half of what was left for dinner, and gave Walt the other half!

After all this, we took some more stuff from the RV over to our Storage Unit and organized it a bit better.  While doing this, we also picked out some items that we wanted in the RV right away!  So we were busy all day yesterday!

For some reason, I couldn't go to sleep last night!  It was after 4 am when I finally did.  Then Walt started making a ton of noise inside and outside the RV, starting around 8 am!  Talk about no sleep.  Then he woke me up and we spent the next couple of hours doing the 9 loads of laundry.  While there, another of the couples that live here in the RV Park, came in to do their laundry too, and we found out that they have lived here for 8 years!  They have been Full Time RV'g since 1995 and love it.  So I guess that there is hope that we will adjust too.

One of the biggest problems adjusting so far, has been the lack of TV Channel's!!  At our house, we had Satellite TV with a ton of TV Channels to choose from.  Now don't get me wrong.  We do have (FREE) Cable here, but they don't offer all of the Channels that I used to get at home, which had some of my favorite programs.  One of them is the Syfy Channel.  And it takes so long for Hulu to get the current season on, that I am Not Happy!!

And Walt just brought up our other two TV's, so that each of the bedrooms has a TV in it as well, on this last trip back.  But the problem, is that we aren't placing the TV for my Office where the TV is allocated to go, and we need about 13 ft of Co-axe Cable in order to reach my TV!  So I still only have what I can watch on Hulu in my Office.  And that is another problem!  I ALWAYS have the TV on, especially when I am working at my desk!  And I can't!  So I sit here working on the Computer in silence, which just about kills me!  And don't suggest listening to music, it just isn't the same!!!  I end up wanting to sing, and then I can't concentrate like I need to.  So I can't watch TV (Hulu) until I am no longer working on the Computer each day.  Now when Walt is away, I can turn on the TV in the Living Room, and that is at least acceptable as I can see it and hear it from my Office.  But while Walt is here, no way!

Speaking of Walt going away.  He will be returning to Sacramento for work on Monday morning, then he will return on Thursday.  So I will have 3 days/nights with the TV to myself!!  Hopefully he will bring my Co-axe Cable back with him so my TV can be setup!!  I'm sorry if I sound dramatic, but even as a kid in school, I always did my homework with the TV on.  Even if I wasn't paying attention to it, I had it on.  Which is why I like to watch movies that I have seen many times, while working at my desk.  This way, something is on and I can concentrate on my work better, but I don't have to watch it, as I know just by what is being said, or the particular music being played, as to where in the movie they are.  I know, I am weird.....that being said, I guess I need to go wake Walt up, so that we can run the rest of our errands for today!!

I am going to leave you with a few photos of what it looked like outside of our RV, after one of the lines froze up and had frozen water all over the place!  But don't worry, it wasn't one of the sewer lines, it was the water from the sinks.  Luckily Ron, our RV Repair guy came by and saw it and setup the heat lamps to thaw it out for me since I was here alone!  So, Till next time.....

Aloha My Friends  :)

In these photos, what isn't obviously Snow, was frozen Water (aka ICE)!


The Hungry Caterpillar said...

Hi Debbie!
Cute blog! I'm new here so I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to reading your posts.

Have a good weekend,

~ Jess

Debi said...

Thanks Jess!! I just noticed that you started Following me, I will jump on over and sign in to yours too!!