Saturday, January 15, 2011
An Award! And A Look At My Unfinished Painting
I am so excited to think that someone thinks that my Blog is deserving of an Award! Especially one like this! I have never been one that had a particularly pretty, or well thought out Blog layout. For those of you who has been Following me for some time, may remember how my Blog used to look with that Hawaiian layout. I loved it, but lately, I have been trying to be more creative and to not be afraid to change my Blog layout up.
So saying this, I want to thank Lisa, The Rest Of My Life for this award! Lisa, ever since you have been Following me, you have been a real strong supporter of my ongoing daily struggles with life!! You feel like a true friend, and I am sure that we would be, if we were to live around each other!! Just like many of you out there in Blogland! So the next step is to tell you....
Seven Things About Me, That You May Or May Not Know About Me!!
1) I LOVE to FLY!! I don't care if it is in a large Jumbo Jet or a small personal Airplane. But if it is in a Jet, I prefer to fly First Class!! Of course! But I have only been able to fly First Class about 3 times! Which is what has made it harder to fly Coach now!! LOL I also have taken Flight Lessons, but never completed them for my own Flight Certificate. Although Walt does have one!
2) A) I am Claustrophobic, I never really realized it until I had Surgery years ago, and I just about had a cow when they put the mask on me before I was out!! So from now on, I always let them know that I am Claustrophobic and they don't bag me until I am already out! B) I'm terrified of FIRE! The main reason that I never tried to smoke, was there was no way that I could light a match! I always joke and say that I must have been burned at the stake in another life!! LOL C) And I am Claustrophobic about water as well. I cannot swim in any water unless it is a swimming pool!
3) I took up Oil Painting about 2 years ago. I am not a great painter by any stretch of the word, but I do enjoy it, and I can only hope that I improve with each painting I do. So far, I have not been able to keep any of my paintings though, as someone takes dibs on it! Not that they are that great, but at least I try.
4) My lowest weight since I reached young adult hood is 89 lbs (in High School), and my highest weight was 228.6 just before my Lap Band Surgery. Looking back at it now, I was on the verge of Anorexia as a teenager! Back then I could eat 4 meals a day (two of them at McDonald's no less) and still maintain my weight. Now I look at food.....well you get the drift.
5) I love to Travel!! One of my favorite places to go is Hawaii, and I have been there 7 times (one of them by a 2 week cruise from Canada to Hawaii, then circled Hawaii for a week). I have cruised 4 times, been to England and France for 2 weeks, and Ireland for 2 weeks. I would love to go back to England, and I really want to go to Scotland, Germany and Australia! Plus many more of course!!
6) I'm addicted to Reality TV!! Everything from Bridal shows, Cake Boss (etc), The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and Paranormal Shows such as Ghost Hunters/Ghost Hunters International, yada, yada, yada......I can't help myself. I fought watching them for so long, then.....I didn't and now I watch as much if not more Reality TV as I do regular programing.
7) And this one I am not proud to admit to. I have been married 4 times!! The first time was to a boy that I lived down the street from as a kid. Number 2 was wrong from the get go. But I tried for 5 yrs to make it work. Finally I got tired of supported him (for the most part) and the fact that he NEVER brushed his TEETH from the day we were married!! Number 3 was to a guy from Jordan. And if he hadn't decided that he wanted to go back to his Country (and he wasn't sure he would return), and there was no way that I was going to move there and take my teen-age Daughter! And Walt is number 4. He isn't perfect, we have our fights, but we are together for better or for worse. And even though I complain about him, I do feel that we are perfect together.
So, now that I have bared my soul to you, I will leave for now!! But I want to post a photo of the painting I am working on for my Step-Son Russ. It still has some work to do, I need to change the main wave some more, as well as finishing the left hand corner and the lower wave action. I am not happy with it yet. But I feel it is looking pretty good for my first time trying this technique. Russ saw it at Thanksgiving and loved it then, so I hope he will still love it when it is finished. Till next time.....
Aloha My Friends :)