Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What A Day Yesterday Was!!



Hey Ya'll,

Well, yesterday was supposed to be a relatively easy day.  We had our friend over to pick up our Bedroom Furniture.  Or so it was supposed to be that easy!!  It ended up taking most of the day!  Walt had to break apart our Bed, and I helped.  But before this, I had to make sure everything was removed from the Furniture, then we had to take all of the Bedding off.  So we did this and then waited for Dan to arrive.  Once he was here, Walt and Dan started to move the Furniture into Dan's Truck.  Luckily the rain held off until today! 

Then once they managed to get all of the Furniture into Dan's Truck, I had to remake the Bed.  Now the Bedroom looks bare!!!  I am going to put in photos of the room before and after the Furniture was taken away.  The room looks like it did when we first moved into the House and hadn't bought our Furniture!  It looks like a room of someone just starting out with bare minimum of Furniture!!  I think that I had more Furniture when I was first married at age 18!  Of course, it was all used, donated Furniture! LOL

Now on Friday, the rest of our Furniture and belongings, that aren't going directly into the RV, will be loaded into a Dan's Truck to be taken up to Carson City to be placed in our Storage Building.  Then Walt and Dan will return home.

Then.....If all goes as planned.  Friday of next week, Walt and our Son In Law, Mark, will take off for Mesa, AZ to pickup our RV!  They will be taking the new Stackable Washer/Dryer that we bought, plus our Black Love Seat and Chair to be placed into the RV.  They are expecting to make the round trip in 2-3 days maximum!  I think they should take a minimum of 3 days!  This is a long drive each way and they can't drive fast as they will be towing a trailer each way!  But then again, Walt always has expectations that it will be an easy drive.  I know that it will be harder than he expects.  But then again, he always had to find out these things for himself!!  LOL  Time will tell.....  but in the meantime, I have much packing still to do!  So...till next time, I will leave you with these photos.

Aloha My Friends  :)


This is the huge King size Bed with the 2 Night Stands and the Dresser/Mirror.











Here is the poor Bed without its Bedskirt!





























This shows the Dresser/Mirror.











This is the Sofa Table on the left, and the Dresser/Mirror on the right.



















Here is the Armoire and you can see my Creme Chair to the left.














And my Chair with side Table next to the Armoire.
































And here is that corner of the room with just the TV and Bed Pillows setup on a couple of Card Tables!!!










And again, Aloha My Friends!!!



6 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

It's just stuff, but it is hard letting it go, isn't it? Thinking of you...

Debi said...

I agree, but the main difference is that it is so BARE!!! LOL I walk in early in the morning as I am going to bed, worrying about whether or not I am going to walk into something, but...as you can see by the photos, there isn't much to walk into!!! LOL

Kathy said...

Is it all going into storage? Also, I don't know if you've already said where you are going first since I've missed some posts when we were on vacation and had bad wireless service.

Debi said...

We are going to Carson City, Nevada for a while since it is close enough for Walt to drive to Sacramento for work. He will have to stay 2-3 nights a week there, then drive back and stay the balance with me.

Plus it is about a 30 minute drive from Walt's 81 yr old Mother, and about a 2 1/2 hr drive to my folks here near where we are currently living.

As for the Furniture, we have given MOST of it away to other Family members or friends, including our Bedroom Furniture. What we didn't give away, we are either using in the RV or storing it away until we know what we want to do with it for the long term.

~Lisa~ said...

Look at it this way, it might be bare, but you're almost there! (didn't really intend to rhyme, but it sounds good!)

Keep thinking about that absolutely beautiful RV!!

Debi said...

Oh if only it were true Lisa!!

I have so much to pack in only 1 day!!!!!!