Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And The Drama Continues!! :(

This is a photo taken of our immediate family with my parents in the middle of course, 2 summers ago on my Dad's 74th Birthday.


Hey Ya'll,

Well, I just spent the entire day at the Hospital and Doctor's Office, with my Dad and Mom.  My Dad is still in the Hospital, unless they release him tonight, which I doubt, and I hope they don't.  They have determined that my Dad has Atrial Fibrillation as well as having had the Minor Heart Attack, and the Doctor was supposed to do a procedure this morning around 11 am, when this time came and went, then they said it would be 5 pm.  And it was finally done about 8 pm!!  He is hopeful that he would get to go home tomorrow, but the Doctor got smart, and left as soon as the procedure was over before my Dad could try to talk him into letting him go home.  He has been in the Hospital since Saturday, and wants to go home, dammit (as he would say, LOL)!!!

In the meantime, my Mom finally made an appointment to go to her Doctor today, as she has been having severe Leg pains again.  The kind of pain that she had 6 Months ago, when she was diagnosed with Blood Clots in the Leg.  She has had this pain for about a week now, and finally went in to the Doctor.  But this time the pain was in the opposite Leg.

The Doctor immediately sent her over to have an Ultrasound done on the Leg, to determine if it was Blood Clots again.  And sure enough, it was!  My Mom was petrified that they would want to put her in the Hospital again!  And she really didn't want that, especially since my Dad was already in!  Luckily for her (however I wish they had placed her in the Hospital), because it was getting so late, and they didn't have Medicares approval, they decided to not place her in the Hospital tonight.

They did however, have me take her over to start getting the Shots in the Stomach again, so they can restart her on the Coumadin treatments.  She is not looking forward to this!  But she is happy to have been able to go home.  Now if only we can get my Dad's care under control.  However, they are both in ill health and we do not expect either of them to last for more than 1-3 yrs max, possibly less.  :(

So I didn't get any of the work done today, that I had planned to do.  I need to completely clean out all our Bedroom Furniture of clothes, so we can get the Furniture moved over to our friends home, that we are giving it to.  And along with cleaning it out, I also need to determine what we will keep, and what we can get rid of.  We only have about 2-4 weeks left before we need to get out of the house!!!!!  OMG!!  Oh how fast the time is flying by!  No rest for the weary I guess.

I just can't wait until the move is over and done with, then we can get back to some normalcy.  At that point, I would then like to start getting caught up with all of ya'll's blogs again!!  I am so far behind it isn't even funny.  In fact, I am so far behind that it would probably take me Weeks, if not Months just to get caught up!  So I will probably just pick some arbitrary date or Month to start reading from!  But I will start reading your blogs soon and start commenting again too.  Just give me another Month or two please?????

Well, it has been a long day, and I am tired.  So, till next time.......

Aloha My Friends  :)

8 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

No need for "please"!! You're a very busy lady, and the added stress of sick loved ones isn't helping you.. The move alone would be more stress then I could handle! Just promise us you will take care of yourself as well as those you love.

You are ALL in my prayers....

Debi said...

Thank you so much Lisa for understanding! I will take care of myself too, don't worry!

Lonicera said...

I agree with Lisa, your family comes first.
Caroline

Debi said...

Thanks Caroline! I know that I can always count on you to understand too!

Sandy said...

We're still reading so will wait for you to get back into blogland. No worries. We all need a break every once in a while. I am so glad that your dad is doing well. And make sure your mom keeps to the coumadin. It will save her life. Be well my friend. The world is now your oyster.

Debi said...

Thanks Sandy!! You always bring a big smile to my face!

Tina said...

I am so sorry your parents are ill. I hope both of them are feeling better soon and that things are back to normal soon!

xxxooo

Debi said...

Thanks Tina!! You always give me such great advice!