Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And Another Surgery In The Family!!

Step A shows the anatomy of the knee from the front with the leg bent. To repair a torn meniscus, three small incisions are made into the knee to admit laparoscopic instruments (B). Fluid is injected into the joint to aid in the operation. The injury is visualized via the instruments, and the torn area is removed (C). (Illustration by GGS Inc.)

Hey Ya'll,

Well, I will keep this brief as I have a lot to do, and so little time to do it in, before my Surgery in 2 weeks from tomorrow!!  But we found out today that our Daughter Kat, is having Knee Surgery this Thursday!!  She went in to the Orthopedic Surgeon today, and apparently her Knee is bad enough that he wants to do Surgery this week!  She injured it somehow (she doesn't even remember hurting herself, just that it started to hurt) in High School. 

She has been repeatedly to Doctors throughout the years ever since, hoping to get relief.  She has been in pain for about 12 yrs now, and finally they determine that it is something that Surgery will help.  Luckily for her, it is to be a quick Surgery, and she shouldn't have to even spend the night in the Hospital.  It is done via Arthroscopic Surgery, very similar to Laparoscopic Surgery for us Lap Banders.  And I believe that the Surgery they will be performing is called a Meniscectomy.  They will be repairing a Meniscal Tear???  Or something like that, at least that is what she is telling us.  I'm surprised that they aren't doing a complete Knee Replacement.  So anyway, please send good thoughts and prayers her way on Thursday....!!

Well, I better go, as I said, I have so much to do in so little time....we are trying to either sell our Gold Wing Motorcycle, or trade it in, towards a new Subaru Outback.  I will keep you posted, as I am ever hopeful that this will occur before my Surgery!!  Till next time....

Aloha My Friends :)

2 comments:

Lonicera said...

A knee replacement takes much longer to recover from, and I'm told painful for a much longer period. If they can sort her out with the other procedure that's good news. Lots of luck to you Debi with your forthcoming ops - will be thinking of you.
Caroline

Debi said...

Thanks Caroline! I agree, her recovery is supposed to only be a few weeks. So that is good news.

My recovery from the Spinal Surgery is to be a minimum of 3 months! I'll keep ya'll posted.