Saturday, May 1, 2010

Drazil's BYOC Friday!!!! **Bring Your Own Craziness**

Hey Ya'll,

1. What’s your favorite smell?

A favorite smell that always brings back the memory of my Grandmother is...Beaman's Gum.  Most of you have probably never heard of it.  But it was the only gum she ever chewed.  In fact, I can even remember the smell still and this was when I was only 4 or 5 yrs old!!
Other favorite smells of mine are The Ocean, Baby Powder, Carnation Flowers, Melons, Thunderstorms and Rain, the Christmas Cookie scent that is only sold at Christmas time from Yankee Candles, and freshly cut Grass.

2. What is your all-time favorite movie and why?

I have way too many favorites to choose just one, so I am going to list some of my favorites from different categories.  Historical/Period Type: Braveheart, Somewhere In time, Romeo and Juliet (the original from the 60's), Elizabeth, Apocalypto....Musical: Blue Hawaii....Comedy/Drama: Something's Gotta Give, Up In Smoke, Steel Magnolias, Tortilla Soup, Sabrina (the Harrison Ford/Julia Ormond version), The Holiday, Sleepless In Seattle, Bye Bye Love, and Christmas Vacation...Horror/Suspense: The Lost Boys, Signs, The Grudge, House On Haunted Hill (the remake), Hell Night (with Linda Blair) and all of the Alien's movies, plus many, many more!!!  I can't help it, I love movies and I am sure that I forgot many movies that I would also consider my favorites!!

3. What’s your trigger food?

Candy, Ice Cream, German Chocolate Cake, basically anything sweet can do it.

4. When someone you love is going through a difficult time – what are your go-to words to make them feel better – in just a sentence or two?

I've never been really comfortable when talking to someone having problems.  Especially if it involves a death.  So I usually just try to be there for them, give them a shoulder/ear to cry on or talk to and just be there for them the best that I can.

5. This one is always the same. Who is your nominee for the blog of the week for YOU? Which blog OR comment touched your heart, spoke to you, stuck with you all week?


This week I would have to say that Roo's blog was the one that really spoke to me (What Do I Hide Behind).  Especially since I kind of had a similar experience as hers, but not as extreme thank goodness.  But it broke my heart to read what she went through.


8 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Debi love the answers above. I am quite surprised how alike we all are. I love Yankee candles!

Debi said...

Me too!

Girl Bandit said...

Oh Debi...I love movies too....that was HARD and Roo...what a champion. So sorry you can't make Chicago...would have loved to have met you!!! Thinking of Walt

Debi said...

Thanks GB! I would have loved to have met you too!!

Bonnie said...

We like a lot of the same movies. Good choices.

Debi said...

I know! I hate having to list my "favorite" movie since I love movies and there are sooo many!

Maria said...

Hi Debi! Thanks for following me :) I'm here to return the favor!

BTW, LOVE Beaman's gum! My fave is the Cloves gum.

Debi said...

Thanks Maria!! I'm surprised, most have never heard of Beeman's Gum!! Thanks for Following me!!