Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Have A Happy Thanksgiving!!




Hey Ya'll,

Well, I am going to make this really short and sweet as I don't have time for anything else!!  I have been working all day getting ready to leave early in the morning.  We are going to stop in Reno on our way to California to look at some guns.  Walt always wants to see if they have "the one".  And we have a nice Sporting Goods store in Reno.

Then we will drive down to Sacramento.  And I will probably read my Kindle, as it keeps my eyes off the road, thus making it a much smoother ride.  And definitely a less stressful ride!  As Walt likes to speed, and I don't....so if I don't watch, then I can't complain.

We are going to meet up with Walt's daughter Kat, his sister Susan, possibly his brother Mike, and maybe my daughter Christa and her family as well, for dinner.  Then Walt and I will go to Christa's house Thursday morning to finish getting the Thanksgiving Dinner ready.  Or should I say, I will be watching them get the dinner ready!  I will sit and talk with them and the grand kids.  Oh, and did I tell you that Christa is making my all time favorite cake???  German Chocolate Cake from scratch!!  She knows that this will probably be the last time that I can enjoy it!  Since I will be having my Gastric Bypass Surgery in 3 1/2 weeks!!

 

But Walt and I will go to my parents house about 2 hours before we are ready to eat so he can deep fry the 2 Turkeys at their house.  So I will spend the time with my parents then.  I don't want to over tire them, as just getting a shower, dressing and trying to sit up in the Living Room is more than they need to do.  So I will have a couple of hours to talk with them before the rest of the family arrives.  Then Walt and I will go home on Friday morning.

So what I wanted to say is....I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving!  I probably won't be able to post again until sometime this weekend.  So, till next time...

Aloha My Friends :)

No comments: