Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So Much Better!! :)

Tropical Porch II - Vivian Flasch 16X20
This is what I feel like right now!  So much more relaxed.  but I must say that this is not one of my paintings (but I wish it were).  This painting is called: Tropical Porch II - By: Vivian Flasch.

Hey Ya'll,

On the Band front, I followed the self imposed bland diet for 3 days, and it definitely helped with my Acid Reflux!  I haven't had any issues with it in the last 3 nights, thank you God!!  I started eating one non-bland meal a day yesterday, and so far, so good.  I am crossing my fingers that this will continue!  Now the question I need to ask myself....at my next Doctor visit, do I tell them about my past issues and risk them not giving me another Fill?  Or do I not, and go for another Fill as usual?  That is the million dollar question.....any thoughts on this??  I would love your input.

Other than dealing with my Band issues, I haven't done much of anything lately.  I need to start reading the CDL Booklet from the DMV, so that I can take the test and HOPEFULLY....pass it on the first try!!!  My goal for April is to pass this test before we move to Reno.  The reason for this, is that it is much easier to get in at the Carson City DMV, as it is a smaller office.  At the Reno DMV, the wait is much longer!!  Once I pass the written CDL test, I will have to start the behind the wheel, Truck Driving School! Eek!!

But other than studying for the CDL written test this month, I also need to go riding the Bike with Walt on the weekends while he is here.  I really need to become at least semi comfortable riding it by myself.  Because when we move to Reno, I will need to follow Walt on the Bike while he is towing the RV in the Truck.  The good thing is that I will be following Walt, so I won't have to worry about trying to drive too fast while trying to keep up with traffic.  Since this will be my first real time riding the bike out in traffic, especially by myself!  I feel that I should tape a sign to the back of the Bike saying.....BEWARE NEW RIDER, MAY MAKE SUDDEN STOPS OR ERRATIC MOVEMENTS! LOL  Yes, I did go through the riding school and passed, but that was a year ago!  Remember this???
Don't I look thrilled??  This photo was taken by Walt (sitting in our car with a zoom lens) of me on the bike.  This was the first time that I was to ride it around the course, and this was my first Corner!!  I wasn't sure that I was going to make it!!  LOL  This is how I will feel when I get on our HUGE Bike!  Don't forget, it is one of the largest Motorcycles you can ride.  It is a Honda Gold Wing.  I can't even ride it by myself without the training wheels on it, as I can't put my feet on the ground!  AND...it weights close to 1000 lbs!  So there is NO WAY that I could feel in control of it.  Which is why we bought the training wheels for it, since they essentially make it a Trike!!

Anyway, I guess I better go for now, I need to eat lunch, then start reading my CDL Booklet again!  Till next time....

Aloha My Friends  :)

2 comments:

Lonicera said...

I remember that picture, but it's the first time I've looked at it close up, and gosh your expression is funny! And if that had been me I'd have been simply terrified. I think you're very brave. Your life has changed so dramatically in the last 18 months and you face every new challenge with such spirit. Good on ya.
Caroline

Debi said...

Thank you Caroline!! And yes, Walt caught the exact expression of terror!! I didn't realize it either until I blew it up a bit, then I couldn't resist but to post it! LOL