Friday, March 18, 2011

Same Ole...Same Ole!! :)



Click on the photo to enlarge it.  Hopefully it will look better enlarged.....?















This is a photo of my 7th Painting.  It was completed in December of 2009 just in time to give to my Mom for Christmas.  As always, I paint in Oils.  Roses are my Mom's favorite flowers.  I painted the Vase in Burgundy, as I remember that was the color of one of her favorite Vases.  I just wish that I had painted the background a different color.  Maybe in Creams??

Hey Ya'll,

Well, my hubby Walt made it home yesterday, just in time to go to lunch.  So we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant here near the RV Park.  They have this plate that I absolutely love.  I love, love, love Enchiladas and Beans.  Normally I would order a 1 Beef and 1 Cheese Enchilada Plate with all Beans and no Rice on the side (I have NEVER been a Rice person)!  LOL  Well, this particular restaurant has a combo plate that has 4 Enchiladas with Beans and Rice!

BUT!  This combo has 1 Beef, 1 Chicken, 1 Cheese and 1 Been Enchilada!  Yes, I said a Bean Enchilada!!  I have never had a Been Enchilada before we found this restaurant, but I love them!  So when we go there I always order this plate, but I usually substitute it with 2 Been and 2 Cheese Enchiladas, with all Beans and no Rice!  Luckily my Walt is as gassy as I am!!  LOL  BUT!  I only eat 1/2 of each type of Enchilada (making it a total of 1 Enchilada eaten), and about 1/4 of the Beans.  Then I take the rest home and I have 3 more meals!!

Then we spent a good part of the rest of the day, cuddling and making kissy face!!  Walt likes to go to bed much earlier than I do, and usually he does, and I stay up.  But last night he wanted me to go to bed with him until he started to fall asleep.  At that time, I got up to watch TV as usual.  Then, he woke up at about 1:30 to use the Bathroom, and told me it was time to go to bed, which I did.  Unfortunately, I wasn't sleepy yet, plus I was having issues with pain, so it was about 5 am this morning before I finally got to sleep!  Then he woke me up around 8 am wanting to play some more!!  LOL  What can I say, when he is gone for any length of time, we like to "cuddle" for a few days!!

Today, we both stayed in our PJ's until about 2:30.  And we wouldn't have gotten dressed then, except that I remembered that we needed to go pick up our mail where we have it delivered.  I had ordered a new Ink Drum for my Printer, and it had arrived today.  So since they are technically closed on Saturdays, I told him that I would get dressed and go with him.  So we did, and while we were out, we decided to eat an early dinner.  We went to our local Pizza Hut and got a pizza for each of us!!  Of course I could only eat one slice of mine.  Plus we had ordered the Cheese Sticks which is really a lite Cheese Bread with Marinara Sauce, YUM!!  So I had 1/2 of one of those too.  And you can bet your bottom dollar that Walt will eat most of my left overs as well as his!!

And get this....we thought our winter weather was about done for the season.  After all, we are in the Desert!!  But it started to snow tonight at 5 pm on our way home!  We already have a light dusting of snow on the ground that is sticking, and we should have at least another 2-4 inches drop over night.  I just love it when it snows!  So long as I don't have to actually drive in it!  I love to look out at it, and watch it fall......

Oh, and the best news of all.......we heard from our CPA yesterday, that he had received our taxes and they looked great!!  He only had a couple of questions that Walt was able to answer over the phone.  Thank You God!!  And he says that we should expect a refund this year.  Which of course we will apply to our first Quarterly pmt that is due next month!!  After all, we are self employed.  :(

So now I can start to research our upcoming trip to Hawaii (assuming we get the time there...), and crocheting again.  And whenever we buy me a small 2'x4' collapsible table (they sell them at Sams Club), then I can start painting again too!!  This is because my small back office is too narrow to be able to paint in comfortably.  It is hard enough to walk between my chair and the Bathroom door just to go to the bathroom, without having my Easel being setup in there.  I can just imagine my being so nervous that Walt would accidentally bump into it trying to walk past.  So I will have to paint in the Living Area.  Even in there, it will be a bit tighter than I like, but....at least I will be able to paint!!

Well, I better go for now, got lots to do....and so little time!!  Till next time.....

Aloha My Friends  :) 


This shows my sketch taped to the wall, and yes, it is a free handed sketch, I did not trace it!!  And if you click on the photo, it should enlarge the photo and you can see the free handed sketch of two of the Roses I did and the sketch on the canvas.  I did trace out the outline of the Roses and Vase, then free handed all of the lines inside.



This is another of the free handed Roses.  This one looks weird because the photo is taken from above looking straight down into the Rose from the top!  I just fell in love with it and had to include it as one of the Roses in the Vase.


And here is a photo showing the top two Rose Buds.  They look much better in the painting than in this photograph, I promise! 

No comments: