Monday, February 28, 2011

It Is Finally Moving Again!! :)


















Hey Ya'll,

Well, I can say that this last Fill has finally started my downward trend again!  It has literally been months since I could say that I have been losing weight.  I had actually gained back up to 180 lbs.  So since my last Fill, I have lost 5.6 lbs!  And with our Hawaii trip coming up, I am hoping to lose at least another 25 lbs by then!  But another 35 lbs would be even better!!  And I have at least 6-7 months to do it!  I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!!!

Well, in my last post, I told you that we were trying to get a week in Hawaii through our Timeshare sometime between September and December.  The week has already been paid for, and if we don't use the time by the end of the year, we will lose it!  So we called in and requested the rooms and was told it could take up to 2-3 months to hear, depending on how long it will take for the people that have their Timeshares in Hawaii to decide to trade them in for weeks somewhere else.

Well, we woke up yesterday, and was flabbergasted to have received an e-mail advising us that we already had a week in Kauai, 2 rooms reserved.  The way our Timeshare is, we actually have a 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom Suite, with full Living Room, full Kitchen, Laundry Room and at least 2 Lanai's.  But when we deposited the Timeshare, we broke up the Suite into 2 rooms.  One of them is the Master Bedroom, with full Kitchen, Living Room, and Laundry Room, with 2 large LCD TVs.  And the other room is a standard Hotel room with King Bed and Sofa with a small Kitchenette, LCD TV, it's own Bathroom of course, and a separate Lanai.

The problem is that the rooms that we were notified that we had, are on the Island of Kauai.  Don't get me wrong, Kauai is a beautiful Island!  But our friend is wanting to stay on Maui.  So we declined the rooms, hoping the next ones that come available will be on Maui.  If not, we will probably take the next rooms that come available anyway, since it isn't easy getting great rooms at the Marriott's in Hawaii!  And I found out last night, that our friend can only go a particular week in September, and she only wants to go to Maui.  Which really narrows the chances down to practically nil.  So unless a miracle happens, we will end up giving the second room to one of our Daughters.  As it will almost be impossible to get the 2 rooms at the same property, during the one week our friend has available!!  Oh well, hopefully we can go with our friend another time!  But we can always hope for the best, and keep our fingers crossed that the miracle happens for her!

Yesterday, I did 10 loads of laundry!  Luckily the laundry room here has 6 machines, and no one else was washing clothes at the same time, so it went pretty quickly.  Walt helps me out by taking the clothes to the laundry room for me.  He also helps out by getting the machines preloaded with soap, so that I can just fill them with clothes and start them.  Once they are finished washing, he comes back and puts the soap in the new loads for me while I am moving the clothes from the washing machines to the dryers.  Then, once they come out of the dryers and I have them folded, he comes back and starts taking the clothes back to the RV for me.  So although I do all of the loading, and moving of the clothes in the machines, and folding.  He really helps out a lot by carrying them to and from the laundry room.  He also starts to put the clean clothes away for me!  So we work well as a team and it gets done fairly quickly.  Our goal is to start washing clothes weekly instead of every two weeks  :)

Walt left for Sacramento this morning before 6 am.  And he will be back either Thursday or Friday.  I am hoping that he waits until Friday, as the roads will be better to drive on Friday.  I hate to see him drive over the Sierra's unless the roads are safe.  And it is supposed to be icy/snowy on Thursday.  I would rather him be gone an extra day, then to not come home at all!!

The day before yesterday, we woke up to find that our water lines for the back bathroom had froze again!  The temperature had dropped down to about 7 degrees overnight.  And since it is the only toilet that we can use right now, that poses a small problem!  Luckily we are parked close to one of the parks Rest Room/Shower Rooms.  So we can just walk a short distance to use the bathroom while we are thawing out the water lines.  Which was finally thawed out by about 3 pm......We are hoping that that was the last night that the temperatures will drop much below 20 degrees.  Last night it was down to about 16 degrees, but the lines stayed open, thank god!! :)  Oh well, we should just be about through the worst of the winter weather here.  Now we will start to worry about the heat, since we ARE living in the desert!  LOL


This was what our house looked like from the front just before we moved out.  We hadn't finished the Front Yard Landscaping as yet.










 This is what it looked like after it was bought at Auction to be resold.  They toned down the Maroon color in the house paint and added the grass and some shrubs and flowers.  It looks nice.  And I am positive the neighbors are much happier!!  LOL :)







Well, I guess I better go for now, I have lots to do to finish the taxes this week.  Till next time.....

Aloha My Friends  :)

No comments: