Friday, February 25, 2011

Can You Believe This ???


















Hey Ya'll,

These photos that I am posting in the blog today are mine.  I took them last week during our last big snow storm....until today that is.  I woke up at 6 am and saw the snow, and took most of the photos through my windows, as I was NOT going to go outside in that snow just to take pictures that early in the morning.  A few of them I did take from my open door though.  The most obvious ones will be of our Steps into the RV, and the Hand Rail.  And remember that these are on the dark side, because the sun hadn't come up yet and I didn't use any flash!  After taking these photos, I went back to bed!!  LOL  But today's storm was much worse!

Well, I am finally getting close to finishing the Taxes.  At least I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.  :)  I should have them done this week.  Part of the problem is that I am pulling them all together completely differently, than I have in the past years.  So it will take me some time to adjust to it.

As for my weight....I got my last Fill two weeks ago and I have lost another 3.2 lbs.  Not as much as I would like, but at least it is a loss!!  I was afraid that this Fill would make me super tight.  The last time I had this much Fill was just before my "Unfill".  But so far, I am doing ok....most of the time!  Tonight I was eating some left over Meatloaf that Walt made last night, and I guess I ate too fast, and of course I am sure that you can fill in the blanks here!!  Yes, I am stuck.  But not as stuck as I have been in the past, just an uncomfortable stuck.  I have to really start to watch what I eat and how fast I eat it!!

Well, we woke up this morning to a major snow storm here.  It took half of the day for the roads to get semi cleared out.  We had to drive into town though, before the snow slowed down and the roads were safe to drive on.  And all I can say, is that I am really, really glad that we have a 4x4 Truck!  We drove with it in 4 wheel drive, and drove really slow.  It was almost bad enough to need to chain up!!  In fact, I am sure that we probably should have!  After we got home, it continued snowing, but at a slower pace.  Then later today, it started to snow again pretty good. 

The road is already totally white and icy here in the RV Park again!  I am sure that there will be at least another 4-6 inches on the ground by morning, if not more!!  Now I know that all of you not from the West Coast area, will probably laugh at me for being so dramatic.  But you have to remember, I am a California girl, born and raised.  In fact, until I was 35, I lived in Southern California!  So I am NOT used to these conditions!  LOL

Well, as for my Post Title, I have to get this off my chest.  Last night, Walt showed me a photo of his Ex-Fiance from College.  She is listed in an Executive type site, that Walt just joined up into, and he found her on it.  She had her e-mail listed, so he asked if it was ok with me if he contacted her, to see how the world has been treating her in the last 30+ years.  I said "sure go ahead".  She responded this morning, and in her response, she provided her phone number.  So Walt called her.  Now get this, she is married and has several children, but apparently she likes to "play around".  This is one of the main reasons that he broke off their engagement back in College.  She was not monogamous even back then!  Well, she said that she would love to meet up with him again, and if he wanted to have an affair, she was all for it!!!!!!  WTF????  What nerve???  What are your thoughts on this??

And for some possible great news.....our next trip to Hawaii may just be happening this year!!  One of my BFF'S let me know that she was planning on going to Hawaii this year.  So I contacted her and asked if she minded if we went with her.  She said she would love the company, she is such a sweetheart.  Well, we have some time left on our Marriott's Timeshare that we have to use by the end of the year.....or lose it.  So we are attempting to get a reservation.  So please keep your fingers crossed that someone wants to trade in their time in Hawaii for somewhere else, so we can use it. 

I am not sure if our friend will be able to go with us or not yet, since we are not sure we will be able to go during the Month that she had originally thought to go.  We are trying for the first available we can get.  But that could be anywhere from September to December and we aren't sure she would be able to get time off from work when ever that may be.  But since we have already paid for this time....all we would have to save for, would be our Airfare, Rental Car and our expenditures there.  So please think good thoughts and keep your fingers crossed!  I need this vacation!!!  LOL  It has been years since I was there last. :(

So for now, all I can do is wait, and wait, and wait.....Walt will be going back to Sacramento on Monday morning, so I only have him for another 3 nights.  Then I will be alone until probably next Friday or Saturday.  Until next time.....

Aloha My Friends  :)


This shows how much snow fell over night!













These are our Steps leading into the RV.












And our Hand Rail.















Looking straight out from our Door towards the Eastern hills.











Our poor Gold Wing Motorcycle!  All you can see is part of the front Wheel!










10 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

Well, first I might think of sending our little vixen an email of my own introducing myself and letting her know how happy you and Walt are and that her "suggestions" are at the very least bizarre, and not appreciated... I would, in a very nice way, let her know that her disturbingly raging hormones need to be dealt with by a professional - and not your husband! Just sayin'...

The snow pictures are so lovely! As long as you're not out and about in that crap, it is so beautiful to look at! Thanks for posting!

Debi said...

Thanks Lisa! I agree, but I hate confrontation! Plus, she knows that he is happily married. He said that she just doesn't think that way...

And I agree, I love to look at the snow, so long as I don't have to get out in it!! LOL

Ms. M said...

I've drug myself out in the cold to take snow pictures two days in a row... planning to make it number three if its sunny in the morning. The mile long walk in the snow a day after oral surgery probably wasn't so smart... but the pics were totally worth it. Love your pics. :)

Debi said...

Thanks Ms. M! Especially since I only use a small digital camera and don't even try to play with the settings. I only hope that I can take some decent photos that maybe I can use in the future for painting.

Lonicera said...

Wow but that woman has a problem! The cheek of it took my breath away - lucky she lives far away. She's obviously a loose cannon - how did Walt react?
Nice pics, but it would so get me down to be bogged down in so much snow for so long... Really hope your holiday in Hawaii comes about.
Caroline

Debi said...

Thanks Caroline! Yes, I couldn't believe the audacity of it either! He said that he wasn't surprised since she has always been this way, but that he wouldn't have an affair with her if they were to meet up again! Thank God! LOL

And I love the snow so long as I don't have to drive in it! It makes it prettier here. I am not a desert person, so at least it gives some color.

And I really do hope that the Hawaii trip comes about too!

Sandy said...

You have 5 times the snow we have up here in Canada. And the affair thing is just plain weird. Did Walt even say anything back to her question? Now that must have been funny.

Here's hoping your trip dream comes through.

Debi said...

Thanks Sandy!

No, he hasn't responded to her regarding the affair as yet. He said that she left it open to him as to how their "friendship" would evolve. So if he doesn't give her hope, he says that she will know he isn't interested.

But....I think otherwise. I believe that she would continue to work on him until she got what she wanted, or their friendship ended because of it.

Tina said...

wow! to both the snow an the cheeky ex-fiancee :) We have had some snow up here as well and I hate it!! it is now dry and super cold...it is just wrong. How are you coping with the weather change from your old life in California? Is it a pleasant change or uncomforatable?

xxxooo

Debi said...

Hi Tina! Yes it definitely is different from California where we were living. I love the snow so long as I don't have to drive in it! And so long as the winds stay low, it is great. But when the winds start blowing like they want to blow our RV over, well....that is another thing. LOL I can take the cold, but I HATE the WINDS!!