Monday, December 10, 2012

Sad News For The Family :(



Hey Ya'll,

First off, I will be discussing my Ticker Tape above a bit later in the post.  But right now, I want to say that our Family lost a truly great man last night.  My Uncle Clyde.  He was one of those men who could do just about anything.  He retired from Sunkist many years ago, but while he was still active with the Company, he got to travel around the world in his work.  Away from work, he was a great Carpenter, he worked with rough Stones and made beautiful Jewelry out of them, and he could repair just about anything!

He did so much for everyone in the family, never asking for payment, and we all loved him.  He will be greatly missed.  Please send your thoughts and prayers to my Aunt Betty.  She is in poor health herself, and could use the added prayers.  She had a great 49 year Marriage, and she is grieving for him now.  She will miss him the rest of her life.

My daughter brought up something to me last night in an email about my Dad.  As you know, he has Lung Cancer, and I fear that it has spread to the Bones as well.  Well, my Grandfather passed away on December 27,  2001, and my Dad has never been the same since.  We know that my Dad doesn't have long to live, and Christa fears that he may be holding out until the Anniversary of my Grand Father's passing, to pass himself.  I just heard from my Sister Sheryl, and she said that my Dad told her Husband Isaac today, that he wishes that they would just cut his Arm off!  This is not a way to live, when all you want to do is have parts of your body amputated, or to die.  So please, give some prayers for my Dad too, as he can really use them.

It's now 8 days and counting till Surgery!!
 

Now!  As for my Ticker Tape above.....for some reason, I can't get it to allow me to change my Weight.  It takes me to the screen where I can make a new Tape.  But even when I just try to remake it, it goes from starting a Weight Loss Tape, to a Maternity Tape, and it just goes in a loop!  So I will try it later.  But for now, I will give you my current information in my post.

I started out at 228.8 lbs.  I lost down to 215.2 lbs which was a loss of 13.6.  Then I gained back up to 216.4 lbs, a gain of 1.2 lbs.  But now I have lost back down to 214.6 lbs, which is a total loss of 14.2 lbs so far.  I still need to lose about 5 lbs before Surgery which is a week from tomorrow!!  But I know that I can do it.  I have a week to do it in, and the last 3 days of the Diet will be total liquids....and the day before Surgery I will be taking the Bowel Prep, which should cleanse me out, and lose some more lbs there too!!

Maybe I will start a sidebar spot showing my weight loss to date as well, so when the Ticker Tape doesn't want to cooperate, I can at least keep you posted on my progress.  In fact, after I post this, I will produce one, so be looking for it!

Well, now I need to go, as I have some more data entry to get done for our Taxes.  I am almost finished, and I believe that I will get them caught up by the time I go in for Surgery.  Then we just have to wait to get all the end of the year documents in, in order to send them off to our CPA.  So, till next time....

Aloha My Friends :)

No comments: