Monday, October 11, 2010

I Need Your Help, Please!!



Hey Ya'll,

Well, I have been experiencing some symptoms since my last Fill, and I am wondering if I am a tad bit overfilled!  So I would really appreciate your comments.  Especially from those that have experienced this as well.

I have an almost constant pain in the Rib Cage, usually it is not bad, unless I have eaten something, then it hurts mostly in the center and to the right side.  Sometimes the pain goes all the way through from the front to the back.

I almost always have some mucous in my Throat.  And eating just a small amount of food, can cause me to feel like I am too tight (even eating my Oatmeal last night!).  Like I had eaten too fast, or didn't chew enough, and wanting to slime some to ease the pain and symptoms.

I just ate half of the leftovers from lunch yesterday, and I feel like I am going PB (update...I did PB)!!  In the past, I would have been able to eat all of the left overs with no problem!!  And.....I have Acid Reflux every night, as well as during the day sometimes after I had eaten something.  So I am wondering if I an a tad bit overfilled??? What do you think?  Should I call and ask the Surgeon's office their opinion?  Please help!!  Till next time.....

Aloha My Friends  :(

12 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Hum? not sure. I think if you can eat 1/2 cup your are fine. I had a fill today and waiting to see how full I am. Good luck

Debi said...

I am having trouble eating anything right now! Even my go to food, Oatmeal!!

tessierose said...

I think if you are having reflux you should call your doc. Hope you feel better soon.

Tina said...

It is normal for the both the amount of food you can eat at one sitting and the kinds of foods you can eat to change after fills. At one restriction the food may still be able to trickle through while you are eating and allow you to eat more fairly quickly. As your restriction increases all of your food will sit in your pouch for longer and therefore you cannot eat as much food as you are used to.

This is not always easy to get used to but rest assured you can get used to it (with a few tears on my part I did). I can only eat a few tablespoons of oatmeal at a time while with other foods I can eat a full 1/2 c.

My advice is: Do a test meal/day. measure your meal out to 1/2 cup. With your oatmealTry making it runnier maybe? Sliming and pb'ing is a sure sign that I have eaten too much. The pain is usually an indicator that I have not chewed well enough and am stuck.

Now..the reflux That more than anything is a sign that you might be too tight. Test the eating less bit and changing up your foods and see if that helps. If it doesn't fairly quickly than I agree with Tessie-give your doctor a call.

Linda said...

It's hard to say - sometimes when you get that fill that really gets you to your sweet spot you have to change your eating a little more than before. Eat even slower, chew even better and then re-evaluate. If you had a pb recently that made have given you some swollen that may be playing into it to. Definitely watch the reflux and trust yourself - I was overfilled for about a week once and it was awful. Good luck!
You can always call your Dr. for advice.

Debi said...

Thanks guys!!

I will do what you suggested and really watch what I eat, and eat much slower, etc. Hopefully this will stop the PB'g, Pain and Acid Reflux.

Otherwise, I will be calling my Doctor's office for their recommendation!! Which I feel will be to come in for a slight unfill!! I was doing fine until this last Fill. :(

Kathy said...

Sounds to me like you may be overfilled Debi. That is how I felt before when I had to be unfilled. Now I still have reflux and if I bend over forward I sometimes get a mouthful of what I ate last as though it didn't go thru the band. I get heartburn alot too so I take lots of Tums but I am going for a little fill in a couple of weeks. I can still eat alot at times. So I want to see if my restriction will increase. Let us know what you decide to do. Good luck.

Debi said...

Thanks Kathy! I am afraid that I may be overfilled as well. I will let you know!

amandakiska said...

I think you sound too full, but everyone has different preferences in that regard.

I had an un-fill after my last fill. I also had pain associated with being over-full, but for me it was in my neck. It was really bad pain that couldn't be relieved by laying down or massage. Once I had a bit taken out, I felt fine.

When I had my un-fill, in addition to the neck pain, I was PBing on most solids and it got so bad I felt like I was choking on my own saliva. I would swallow and I felt like it wouldn't go down. Sometimes I would vomit nothing but bile and saliva. It was really miserable.

Debi said...

Wow Amanda, sounds like you had a bad one there! I too am kind of where you are, but not quite! I have been having the intense pain in the Back, etc, but not PB'g on everything as yet!

DB said...

Hi Debi,

It sounds like you may need a slight unfill!

Debi said...

Thanks DB! I have been suspecting this too, but we are trying to get me through this without one! I have eaten very little today. Only about a half cup of Oatmeal so far today!!

But if I can't start to eat normally in a day or two, then I will definitely call the Doctor and make an appointment for an unfill!