Friday, October 22, 2010

The Best NSV! And Another New Painting!

This photo was taken by Walt on our vacation to Cape Cod last October.  It was taken at the tip of the Cape close by the Pilgrim Memorial.  He specifically requested that I paint this photo for him.  And since he likes me to work on at least 2 paintings at a time, this one with the photo that I posted in my last post, will be my new paintings.  I will keep you posted on their progress.

Hey Ya'll,

Well, it looks like at least part of the Mall, that was on fire yesterday and through the night, should be open by Black Friday (they hope).  The area of the Mall that was furthest from the fire area, may be open even sooner.  However, the area of the actual fire has MAJOR DAMAGE to it.  The roof in that area collapsed into the Mall!  So I am afraid that that section will not be open until long into next year!  So this means that a lot of employees will be without jobs.

I read this today: "Employment Law attorney says because the Roseville Galleria fire was "an act of God", state law does not require stores to pay workers for any hours after evacuation".  So basically he is saying, that because a young man with Mental Illness started the fire, that it is considered an "Act Of God"!  Go figure.  The Attorneys will always look for a loop hole, to not have to pay the poor employees.....I'm sorry, I know that it sounds like I am an activist or something, but I promise, I am NOT!  It just irks me that the Major Company's and Insurance Company's always try to find a way to not have to pay those that really need it.

Anyway!!!  On to my Best NSV!  In the past, I have always said that my Neck barely shows an improvement since my Surgery.  And I still am not happy with it, but Walt and I were going through our vacation photos from last year (taken just before my Surgery).  And we found some that really shows how big my Neck REALLY was, and because of them, I can see a big difference!!  Here is a photo from the vacation and a current photo of me, let me know what you think!!






And yes, I am well aware that I look like Sh**!!  But then I always look like this!!  LOL






And here is my most recent photo!  This time my pained expression is because I was looking into the sun!!  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!















And I want to thank everyone who responded to my last post, wishing my friend well.  She will be grateful for all the good thoughts coming her way!  And thanks Amanda K, for the swift kick in the Arse, for reminding me why I got the Band in the first place!!  I agree, I am sure that I should get the Fill in early December as planned.  So as long as the weather holds, I will be going up for it.  Well, I will be going for now, till next time......

Aloha My Friends  :)

11 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

What a gorgeous photo - should be a great painting, I can't wait to see it!

And, you DO have a neck!! I can see it!! How gorgeous you look! I am amazed at how much you've lost, and how wonderful you look!!!

You're my hero!!

Debi said...

Thanks Lisa!

Nikki P said...

Wow Debi, you have done so well. You look great!
Your husband must be so proud at how well you have done so far.

Debi said...

Thanks Nikki! He is, he just wishes that I could lose a bit faster. LOL

Dinnerland said...

Awesome!! You have transformed... keep up the great work.

Island Bandit said...

you are looking wonderful debi!!!!!!
as for the 'act of god'.... that's a crock.... more like an act of the devil!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

That IS a HUGE difference! Congrats! And I'm glad YOU are happy with it and can see the change! Keep it up!!!

Debi said...

Thanks guys! You are all doing super fantastic yourselves!

Island Bandit, I agree with you, it is more like the work of the devil!!

Sandy said...

Great before and after. You are looking rather tiny girl.

Debi said...

Thanks Sandy!! But I don't look quite as good as the photo implys!!

Bonnie said...

Great after picture. You are doing so well.