Monday, February 13, 2012

I Spoke With My Parents...Oh My!!

Here I am on my favorite Motorcycle again!!  Hopefully it will be mine in a few months!!










Hey Ya'll,

Well, yesterday Walt and I met up with his son Russ and his ex-wife Carolyn, and her sister Sharon for lunch at The Outback.  We had a really nice lunch and had great conversation as usual.  Walt and I shared the Sweetheart Meal For Two.  Of course they screwed up both mine and Walt's Steak....I ordered the 6 oz Filet Mignon (upgraded from the Sirloin) to be cooked Medium, and it came back Well Done.  Walt ordered his Steak Medium Rare, and it came back Medium, almost Medium Well....Normally we wouldn't say anything, and just eat it the way it is presented to us.  But because of my Band, I can't eat meat that is too dry.  So we both advised the Server of the mistake.  She of course had them redo our Steaks immediately.

And of course, since they don't want to have the Steaks to go back again, they actually undercooked them the second time around!  But that is ok, since I was pretty much full anyway, after eating some of my Salad and a few bites of the Cheese Fries (which we upgraded from the Bloomin Onion), I knew that once my Steak was microwaved for eating later, it would cook to Medium.....And they were so great about it.  Our shared meal actually came with a small slice of Cheesecake for dessert as well.  We were going to give it to Russ, but the Waitress said that they were going to give us a second dessert as well, so we ordered the Sinful Sundae to share!  Normally they would take back the original Steaks, but they actually offered for us to take them home as well as our left overs!!  So we came home with 2 2/3 Steaks plus the second half of my Baked Potato....

On our way to the Restaurant, I called my parents to see how they were doing yesterday.  Normally my Dad would always be awake by that time.  He answered the call, and I immediately realized that I had woke both of my parents up!!  I didn't even recognize my Dad's voice at first, I thought that it was my Mom....He sounded horrible.  And normally if he answers the phone when I call, he likes to talk for awhile and rarely gives the phone to my Mom.  But he made sure that I was doing ok, told me that he was doing better, that the Doctor gave him some medication to control the pain, so his Arm/Shoulder wasn't hurting so much, then gave the phone to my Mom!!!  I think that I spoke with my Dad about 1 minute....

This tells me that he didn't want to talk to me because he would be too emotional.  He doesn't want me to know his true condition.  I also fear that he was finally getting some sleep, and I Woke Him Up!!  My Mom told me that he was doing better, and that he has a couple more tests to do on Wednesday....What is it about Wednesday???  I have my test on Wednesday and hopefully an unfill....

We also stopped by the local Motorcycle shop that sells the Can-Am Spyder Roadster, that we want to buy.  We are going to put our Gold Wing up for sale in the next month or two, then buy me the Can-Am.  We are planning on buying a 2011 model, since they have some left in stock that are brand new, and we can get them for around $3000 off of the original price.  So we went in, sat on them and talked with the sales guy....I can't wait!

So that was our day out, then we returned home and I continued to work on our taxes....what fun....but they are getting close to being finished.  Hopefully they will be done by this weekend!  So saying this, I need to get started on them again, so....till next time....

Aloha My Friends  :)

2 comments:

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

Beautiful bike, my friend has one and I love it!!!

Debi said...

Thanks Sandy! That's great to know!