Saturday, July 9, 2011

What The Hell???



Hey Ya'll,

Well, this will be a short post (at least by my standards!!).  I just wanted to document my Band's strange behavior the last couple of days....Since I got the small unfill a few months ago, I have had very little problem with the Band.  Not much restriction, but at least I am not slimming/vomiting daily with day and night (mostly night) Acid Reflux.....which is fantastic I might add.

But Thursday, I ate a Tuna sandwich, and I got a bit stuck.  I slimmed a bit, and then vomited a couple of times (riding myself almost completely of my sandwich), then felt fine....for awhile.  Then Walt made it home from Sacramento, and before you know it, I was slimming again!!  So of course, I was hungry later on, so I ate an Apple.  And....you guessed it, I was really stuck!  Slimming and vomiting all over again!!  I didn't even eat the whole Apple!  I never have had problems eating an Apple before.

Then yesterday, I didn't eat until lunch, which was a bowl of Beef Stew.  I only ate a few bites of it, and I knew that I was tight.  So I stopped, and I felt fairly sure that I had stopped in time.  Although I was a bit tight, I felt fine until about 2 hours later....then, for no known reason, I began slimming!!!  And I was fairly sure that I was going to vomit, when it suddenly stopped, and I felt fine again!! 

Because, I had very little to eat at lunch, I did eat some Chili for dinner and a small (very small as Walt dished it out and it wasn't even a full scoop) amount of Ice Cream for dessert!  With no problems I might add....And today I was fine.  What gives???  I go months with no problems, then....Any advise??  Well, I should go, till next time.....

Aloha My Friends  :)

2 comments:

FitBy40 said...

This happens to me every once in a while and it can be for a variety of reasons. I'm tight when I have my period, when I've worked out in the morning, if I take a nap, when my allergies are bothering me, or when I'm dehydrated. You see, it can be lots of things! After a sliming/puking episode, I'm usually inflamed and must stick to mushies (usually oatmeal for dinner) for the rest of the day. The key is to be careful after an episode. Even though an apple normally wouldn't bother you, after being irritated it will. Good luck!

Debi said...

Thanks for the info!! I don't have periods anymore since my Hysterectomy 13 yrs ago, but I do have allergies and I do get dehydrated and I do sometimes take a nap, but the napping has never bothered me before. So I will just have to be aware of what was going on that day to maybe see why it happened....