Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pray For My Dad Please & What The??????

Hey Ya'll,

Well, first off I want to tell you about my Dad.  He is one of the most important people to me.  He is not my Biological Father.  However, he is so much more to me.  My parents were in the midst of a Divorce when my Mom found out she was pregnant with me.  They decided not to reconcile just because she was pregnant.  My mom had already been friends with my Dad (Step Dad) for years (just so you know, from hereon out, when ever I talk about my Dad (Daddy) in my Blog, it is my Step Dad, not my Biological Dad I am talking about, I will say mu BD if that is who I am discussing).  So, my Mom and Dad started dating, fell in love, and married when I was 8 months old!  I have never stayed one single night with my BD, and I have lived with my DADDY my entire life!

Now that you know how important he is to me, now I can tell you why I am asking for your thoughts and prayers.  He had another Heart Attack yesterday.  When we were at the Hospital visiting him, we were told that he hadn't had a Heart Attack, but that they were keeping him over night for precaution and would be giving him a Stress Test today.

We had to drive up to Reno this morning to begin our transformation from California Residents to Nevada Residents.  We really need to get this done, as we can't finalize the purchase of our RV and Register it in Nevada, until we get our DL's and Current Vehicles Registration changed over to show we are Nevada Residents.  So we are stuck up in Reno for a couple of days and can't be there for my Daddy.

After we arrived here, we called my Mom to see how he is doing (we assumed he would be home already), and found out that they didn't give him the Stress Test, as they had determined that he actually had had another Heart Attack!  So they had planned on doing Angioplasty to determine if he needed Bypass Surgery again!  He had to undergo a Quintuple Bypass about 15 years ago, and we had started to notice some of the warning signs again, and was hoping that he would not have another Heart Attack, but.......

My Brother just called me and advised that he just left the Hospital after visiting my Dad.  He said that my Dad's Angioplasty went well.  They replaced one of the Stints that they had placed a few years ago, and will go in again tomorrow to replace another one (why they didn't do both today, I don't know).  But they are fairly confident that he will not have to have another Bypass.  But tomorrow will tell.  So please send out your thoughts and prayers for him!  We have all our family and friends here thinking of him, but I know that the hundreds of ya'll out there keeping good thoughts for him will help as well!!!  And our little blogging community is the best at helping each other!  Ya'll are the best!!

Now as for the, What The????? in my Blog title.  Well, as you know, I had to go have an unfill about a month back, and have been fairly loose since then!  But for some reason, yesterday and today, I have been super tight!!!  I have been Stuck and had to PB every meal since!  What goes??  Is it because of the change in weather?  Or could it be that today's problem, even though I ate something that should not have bothered me for lunch today, that I am still ubber tight because of the increase in elevation??  We live at about 100 ft and are now at about 4400 ft.  Has anyone else had this problem??  To be so loose, then for no apparent reason, tight all of a sudden??  I would really like to know if this is a fluke or if others have had this happen as well.

Well, gotta go, will post more as I hear what is happening.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Ours was great.

Till Next Time.....

Aloha My Friends  :) 

11 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

Hey Debi, I'm not banded - yet, so I can't help with your question about being tight, sorry. But what I can do is keep your Daddy, you and all your family in my prayers. Please keep us posted on his condition, and know we're thinking about you....

Debi said...

Thanks Lisa! We can definitely use the thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted.

Tina said...

I hope you dad's condition improves..as far as the tightness goes it might be the elevation or the stress of worrying about your dad. Either way...you will lose a bit of weight again with the increased tightness and that will probably be a good thing right?

xxxooo

Maree said...

Hope your Dad improves - take care of yourselves at this difficult time.

Lonicera said...

All the best for your Dad Debi.
Altitude... never though of that as a reason for restriction. Wish clinicians would do a proper study on this...
Caroline

Island Bandit said...

hoping all goes well. lovely how you shared how special and important he is to you! I agree with others that the tightness could be a result of added stress. just take it easy, take small bites, chew chew chew and all should be ok

-Grace- said...

Sending loving thoughts your way! I hope he gets well soon!

Sandy said...

Will do. I hope all works out for your daddy. Thinking about you.

Amanda Kiska said...

I'm praying for you dad. Please keep us posted.

I'm guessing it is the stress combined with the weather/altitude that is causing the tightness. I hope you feel better.

Nella said...

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family!

Debi said...

Thank you so much everyone who has been thinking of and praying for my Daddy. He went into Surgery again today at about 1:30 but we still haven't heard anything yet. As soon as I hear anything, I will post it.

AS for the tightness, I agree with ya'll, it is probably a combination of the Stress and possibly the Altitude and or much colder Weather.