Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!!!

http://dondailey.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/dsc_2871blog.jpg
Ummmm, what else needs to be said???


I just LOVE Ham!

http://www.littonsdirecttoyou.com/assets/satchmo/images/productimage-picture-german-chocolate-cake-9.jpg
My favorite cake in the whole world!  Sweet German Chocolate Cake (only from scratch is acceptable), not that regular Chocolate Cake with Pecan Frosting thrown on top like some Restaurants try to pass off as German Chocolate Cake!

http://www.savoryreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/germanchocolate11.jpg
And another view of the cake, this is what my version looks like.  I prefer to make it with 2 layers instead of the traditional 3.  Otherwise, the same.

http://www.firehow.com/images/stories/users/82/coconut-cream-pie-img.jpg
And of course, I couldn't possibly leave out the Coconut Cream Pie!!  My FAVORITE!!

http://grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c9cee53ef013481caffd5970c-800wi
Then of course, another of my favorite pies...the Banana Cream Pie!
Banana Cream Cheesecake Topped with Bavarian Cream.
And this is one I have yet to taste, but our friend may be bringing one of these to Dinner.  It is the Banana Cream Cheesecake, from The Cheesecake Factory.  Yum!!!  I am trying not to think about the calories right now!

Hey Ya'll,

Well like before, so little time, so much to do!!!  Well folks, we are moving right along, and assuming Walt gets his Nevada Driver's License with the allowance to tow a Trailer weighting more than 10,000 lbs, we will be picking up our RV sooner than originally planned.  Possibly a week or two sooner, so that means that I have been in hyper drive trying to go through our belongings for the move.  Starting Friday or Saturday, we will begin taking most of the rest of our belongings, that we are not keeping to their new homes...... :( :( :(  But!  At least we know that they will be appreciated by those we are giving them to.  Merry Christmas, Ho Ho Ho!!

So we are driving up to the Reno/Carson City area this Sunday, to begin our transformation from California Residents to Nevada Residents by applying for our new Driver's License's and getting the Vehicles Registered as well.  Then, once we start that process and pick up the RV, we will move it on up!!

So, since I have so little time.....I am leaving you with photos of some of my all time favorite Holiday Foods!!  And I want to make sure that ya'll know that these are not my photos.  I borrowed them from the good ole Internet!!  Isn't the Internet great???  And yes, some of my photos are floating out there in cyberspace as well!  So feel free to copy them if you find them for your own purposes.

I hope that ya'll have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Aloha My Friends  :)

2 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

Aloha and Happy Thanksgiving to Yuenz - (Pittsburgh-ese for Y'all)! I hope your day went well, and know that I'll be keeping you Guys in my prayers that everything works out during the big move!

Keep us posted!

Debi said...

Thank you so much Lisa!! Our Thanksgiving turned out well, and I hope your Thanksgiving was great too!