Monday, December 17, 2012

The Day Before Surgery....



Hey Ya'll,

Well, we arrived in Reno with no problems, and I am now enthroned, or shall we say enslaved in the bathroom on the John for the next several hours or so!  That Magnesium Citrate drink is NASTY, but tolerable!!  If I never have to drink it again, I won't be sad, and I will be thrilled to death!  You would think that after all these years, that they could make it taste better.

So tomorrow I will be getting up at about 4 am in order to shower and be dressed early.  We need to leave the Hotel at about 5 am or so.  Walt wants to stop at the Doughboys Donut shop near the Hospital.  It is the BEST Donut Shop EVER!!  Luckily for us, they open at 5 am.  Walt is one of those people that can't go without eating or he will develop a horrible Headache.  So we will stop and get him a few donuts to hold him over until I go into Surgery.  At that time, he can go and get himself some Breakfast.  Of course, I am not looking forward to smelling the delicious donuts!!  As by then, I will not have eaten anything solid in about 60 hours! Ugh!! :(

I will be checking into the Hospital by 6 am, and my Surgery is supposed to start at 7:30 am.  I just hope that I get a good Nurse and she doesn't have any troubles getting my IV in!  When I had my Spinal Surgery in March, the Nurse got the IV in great with no problems.  Unfortunately, I had to have it redone by that evening.  And they almost had to redo it again the next day....I don't know why, but for some reason, IV's don't like me.  So keep your fingers crossed that this time I only have to have one placed.  And I have heard the horror stories about nausea after the Surgery for Bypass.  I am ever hopeful that I won't have to endure it as well.

Well, I better go for now, I need to get to bed.  Now whether I can actually get any sleep is another thing.  But I can at least try.  As before, I ask that you keep me in your thoughts tomorrow morning.  Till next time....

Aloha My Friends :)
 

No comments: