Friday, December 7, 2012

11 Days....And Counting!!



Hey Ya'll,

Well, I have been a bad....girl!!  I was supposed to be on a Pre-Op Diet since Thanksgiving.  And I was doing ok with it.  I had lost about 13.6 lbs, with only about 5-8 lbs to go.  But Walt and I have been eating out the last couple of days....

I wanted to see Breaking Dawn: Part II.  I wanted to see it after the Thanksgiving Holiday when it was newly released, and there would be tons of teenagers there.  But I also wanted to see it before it left the Theaters, and before I went in for Surgery.  I would have gone by myself.  I used to work in Theaters, and I got used to watching movies by myself on my breaks.  Prior to working in the Theater, I never would have gone to a movie alone!  But Walt wanted to go with me.  So we went on Wednesday after Walt got off work (early, for a matinee) and saw it together, and it was great.  We were one of only three couples in the whole Theater!  So we were able to sit all by ourselves, and it felt like we had the whole Theater to ourselves! 

Now I was a really good girl at the movie, Walt did offer to buy me popcorn or whatever I wanted, but I told him that I would rather have Dinner instead!  So after the movie, we went to the Olive Garden and shared their current special, 2 for $25.  It was great, not the Spaghetti and Meatballs that I usually get, but the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo was good too!

Unfortunately, I didn't stop there, yesterday after our appointments in Reno, we went to the Texas Roadhouse, which is a Steakhouse, for an early dinner.  I had the BBQ Pulled Pork and BBQ Chicken combo Dinner....yum!!  But not very conducive to Diets!!  And now that I only have 11 days until Surgery, I really need to buckle down and start my Liquid Diet!

Eleven Days And Counting!!

 

As for yesterday, Walt and I both had appointments in Reno.  He had to go in for 2 more Epidural Injections in the lower Spine, and I had to go in to Pre Register at the Hospital as well as have an EKG, a Chest X-Ray, and my Blood Work taken.  So now all I have to do is go to the Pre-Op Class on Tuesday, and see my Surgeon next Friday (and of course....DIET!!).  So because Walt had the Injections, he wasn't allowed to drive, so I drove us there and back.  And....because he didn't have to drive, he had 3 Drinks with Dinner!!

And I am still trying to get our Taxes pulled together, before I go in for Surgery.  But all I can do is do my best!  So now I have to really buckle down and drink, drink, drink, and work my fingers to the bone!!  LOL  So....till next time....

Aloha My Friends!  :)

No comments: