Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Appointment With The Surgeon

This is a photo that I took on our last vacation to Hawaii last December.


Hey Ya'll,

Well, today Walt and I went to see my Bariatric Surgeon to discuss what kind of Surgery I should get.  And we agreed on the Bypass.  I'm afraid that the Sleeve wouldn't work for me because of the kind of eater that I am.  I need the Bypass to succeed. 

I start fulfilling my pre-op requirements the first week of October, and I will have them finished by October 12th.  Walt and I want to schedule the Surgery for after Thanksgiving so that I can have one last Thanksgiving Dinner with my family and truly enjoy it. 

Both of my parents are doing really bad, and we are not expecting them to be here next year for the Holidays.  My Dad is still battling Lung Cancer, and my Mom is battling many different illnesses.  Some of which are Heart Disease, Diabetes, COPD, Liver Disease, etc, etc, etc.  Not to mention that she is in such constant pain, and for so long (YEARS), that I don't know how she has kept from committing Suicide.  It will kill me to lose her, but at the same time, it will be a relief knowing that she is no longer in pain.  Just thinking about it, is making me cry!

So we want to spend Thanksgiving with my family, then have the Surgery.  Luckily that works for the Surgeon too, as he said that he would be in Mexico on vacation over Thanksgiving, and the first week in December is perfect!  So we are shooting for that week!

Well, it is getting late, and I need to start getting ready for bed, or I won't get to bed before 4 am!!  By starting now, I should be in bed by 2:30-3 am...which is late enough.  Oh and I have exciting news, but I will wait until the next post to tell you!!  Till next time....

Aloha My Friends  :)


No comments: